Is that a legit excuse to cancel on me?

This girl who I made a date with suddenly texted to cancel on me, saying that her parents are coming to town to visit her so she can't make it. Is that excuse legit, or just bs?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a legit excuse to me. You guys can always reschedule. She doesn't get to see her parents often.

If she always have an excuse to cancel the date then it's likely that you're just wasting your time.

Most Helpful Guy

• sounds legit. you should respond by saying "sure let's re-schedule" and then suggest a date

if she sort of hems and haws then she may be b. s. 'ing you

• I asked her to get back to me when she's free, no reply yet.

• Was supposed to be the second one

• i'd give her a free pass. it could be legit. if she cancels on another or seems hesitant to set a date for another date then i'd start to think that she may just be interested and the initial cancellation was b. s.

What Girls Said 9

• If she hardly ever sees her parents and it doesn't happen often then I can see maybe why it's somewhat acceptable but in all honesty I'm a person who says if you make plans you stick to em unless someone is seriously ill that is close to you OR you fall ill yourself.

• How are we supposed to know? If her parents really came randomly then yeah, it's a good excuse. If she's lying then obviously it's a bad excuse. Ask her to pick another date that works better for her.

• You just need to assume it's legit. And be accepting.

• I'd just assume it was the truth unless this is a pattern.

• Yeah, you're looking to far into this... Situations happen, her world doesn't revolve around you.

• Probably legit, she probably doesn't see them that often and doesn't want to just ditch them.

• Legit probably

• It's legit. Believe it until it happens more than once.

• It's probably legit. Just watch and see if she does it again or if she tries to reschedule.

What Guys Said 12

• if she doesn't see her parents then yes thats legit.

i have a 3 strike rule on flakes,

You cancel the first time. fine.
    You cancel the second time you plan it (sometimes they plan a makeup day ) i get suspect.

the 3rd time i make them plan it. if they dont plan to meet. then i just drop contact and stop wasting time

• Could be legitimate that does happen. I would tell her ok let me know what time works best for you and put it in her court. Meanwhile, keep talking with other girls

• I texted her saying she should lemme know when she's free, she didn't reply.

• Bitches have no balls these days. Lol well just keep moving, talking to other women. Maybe she'll come around who knows

• 50/50 mate

• Sounds like bullshit to me OP.

• it's bs unless she suggested a better day and time.

• That's the most generic excuse ever , bro you got stalled.

• yes it is...

• could be both.

• Seems like a pretty legit excuse... ask her out for some other time and see how it goes

• well be fair and give her another chance if she does the same again make a call rbother simple as :)

• Nope. She was sucking someone else's dick when her side bang shown up at her house for a surprise visit

• well, if they actually came, then it's legit, you'll never know, unless she posts like pictures or something. if she rescheduled the date, or if she calls you after her parents leave, she's def. interested, just something came up

• So I believe I'll just wait until she gets back to me?

• yeah, thats your best bet