Girls, would you date a guy who can't drive?

An early 20's guy/college age guy. How big a deal would this be, having to drive him or have him meet you and get dropped off by his mom or dad or brother etc?

4

Most Helpful Girl

• I would, but it would definitely make things difficult at times. Unless you're able to ride your bike everywhere or have a really good public transportation system in your area, not being able to drive is very limiting. Being able to drive yourself wherever you want on your own schedule provides a huge amount of independence that you won't have otherwise. I'm happy to do more of the driving, but busy lives mean that at some point, dating someone who has to rely on family members for a ride will start to get frustrating.

What Girls Said 3

• Honestly, I would prefer if he knows how to drive and have a car, however, if he doesn't have a car/can't drive, it's not a deal breaker, especially if I really like him. He has to learn how to drive though. I taught someone to drive before so if a guy I'm dating doesn't know how to drive, I don't mind giving some extra lessons. If he rather go to driving school, that's fine too.

• Driving is a form of independence.
    I don't want someone who depends on others to get somewhere. Reminds me of when I was 14 and needed my parents to drop me off and pick me up from the mall lmao

• Dude, I have been driving since I was 16 years old. And my crush is 24 n he baerly started driving. I dont really care If he drove or not i like him for who he is. And maybe along the way I would help him so he could drive.

• And one time I saw my crush walking I offered him a ride. I think he was embarrassed he didn't want to accept it. But I made him I wasn't going to let him walk.