Should I Not Date This Guy Because Of His Race?

Alright, so typically I don't like white dudes. I'm not a racist, I just don't like them that much. But, this one white dude and I were talking and he really grew on me. I wanna go out with him and he wants the same, but from experience before white dudes have been assholes towards me, and kinda racist. Plus, my parents have that 1950s and 1960s mentality and aren't very accepting of interracial dating. Our relationship probably wouldn't be THAT serious anyway where he needs to meet my parents, but it'd be too much work to avoid them, so I rather do the mature thing and tell them.

Most Helpful Guy

• i had this feeling when i first started dating outside my race,(black guy dating white girl) i was concerned about how my family will see her and how hers will see me.

both families ended up loving each other, and it was actaully one of my better relationships just do what makes your happy

• oh okay. they weren't kinda racist, since i would think they'd be born in that era?

• only you know your parents. i was scared about mine cause whenever a white on black shooting gets high profiled. they would say some negative things about whites, and i was like o_0 .

but when i bought her over they liked her since they know that she makes me happy then she's good for me. and they saw her for someone who could potentially be their daughter in law.

your family will have to do the same. see this guy as someone who can be their son in law if he makes you happy.

• Yeah. And that is what I fear, that because of all the race drama in our media this past 2015 to 2016 will make his parents have negatives views on me and vice versa.

Most Helpful Girl

• who cares what others think and want. Its your life. I know its hard to deal with your parents not liking it but they will get over it. It may take a long time but remember, its your life and your happiness at the end of the day. Its hard to meet a guy that you can really connect with nowadays

So question is: What do you want? What makes you happy? Do you like him enough to deal with the racism tht comes along with it at times? If your parents really love you, they will accept it eventually but expect that to take a while. You do what you want to do bc they are not living your life. you are. Color shouldn't matter when it comes to you liking the guy. We are all one race and that's the human race.

Follow your heart. Not what your parents say and the color of his skin or you will never be happy living your life to please others. be with the person for how they treat you and make you feel and forget about what the world thinks.

What Guys Said 7

• if you like him and he seems like a good guy you should date him. don't let history with other people who are not this guy affect your decision

• You're 14. Your parents are against it. Overall it doesn't sound like a good idea.

• Actually 16 bruh, ignore the profile.

• The next five years will be tremendously busy ones for you, with a lot of growth. Enjoy them.

• @Intraluminal Yeah I know. Thanks for the advice.

• I would say if the fear of hassle is larger than you willingness to try him out then you should leave him a lone. Be honest with yourself because you know the answer at heart

• Date him and tell your parents

• go with the feels man.

• Let me guess, you're American from some rural country...
    Let me tell you a secret!
    The colour of a mans skin has nothing to with his attitude or character.
    Crazy right? I didn't believe either but now It kinda makes sense...

• Okay no shit. And no I'm not from a rural area. I clearly know that race and attitude don't correlate, that's why I like him, for his personality not skin tone. It is my parents like I said that i fear they won't be accepting. -_-

• Then repeat what i said to your parents...

• You sound prejudiced, color struck, And condescending as hell.
    So no, It probably won't work out.

• Lmao thanks. I'm not prejudice, color struck I don't even know what that means. I'm just being realistic there's a lot of race drama still happening that's why I think our parents views might change.

• Whatever you call yourself is irrelevant.
      It still won't work out.

• Well thanks for sharing lol.

What Girls Said 1

• Every person is different.
    I do have preference and a type but it's normal when you like someone who ain't your type.
    Actually i find situations like this interesting ( liking someone who isn't your type).
    If you really like him , i don't see any problem.
    you can try to convince your parents.