Any tips for someone doomed to be alone for the rest of their lives?

I've tried all through high school, and now on into college to make friends, get into the dating scene, and eventually get into a relationship. Regrettably, I have had no luck whatsoever. I've tried to make friends and failed. I've tried to ask women on dates and was rejected. I'm just tired of it. I honestly do not see any type of friendships or relationships in my future. I'm already a sophomore in college on a track for a graduate degree, but i look at my future and it just looks rather shitty... My depression and anxiety disorder have not made things easier. So what should I do to get used to the loneliness? Should i get used to the lonliness?

Most Helpful Girl

• Dude... you're 18... just wait and stop trying to force it

• Well... As much as I agree with you, I honestly don't like the idea of living very much longer. Plus, I hear journalists die fairly frequently in war torn countries so I always have that to look forward to.

• Um... I need you to be okay with living, that's not ever a good place to be in.

What Girls Said 2

• Hahaha, I had more fun where I was 18. . . look at me now, 24 with not much of a life at all. I'm a home bird on JSA. Anyway, enough doom and gloom for a day. I'm going to have a positive out look from now on. Once I get myself a decent job, I'll can afford to spend more time with my best friend, get out more often and meet new people, save up money and go on holidays.

• Oh Lawd, you're only 18. Calm down.

What Guys Said 5

• Someone who is as intelligent as you should recognize, at least on an intellectual level, that 18 is a very young age to assume that the die is cast and the remainder of your life will duplicate that which has previously happened. Are you in counselling?

• Although 18 is a rather young age to give up, I wouldn't be the type of person who would do anything sociable after college. I hate the thought of online dating, bars, clubs, etc. mainly due to my anxiety disorder. I stay far away from places with large groups of people. The career i am going into honestly will have a very negative work space since I'm going into journalism. As for the counseling, No I'm not in any type of counseling. I went to a therapist for a year, but really didn't help much. I'm now on medication to buffer the disorders, but I've been on a few and all they are is something that gives me enough strength to get out of bed and go to class.

• yeah, you're only 18, get over it.

• And you as helpful as Rosie O'donell's personal trainer...

• I guess i sensed some sarcasm that wasn't there. Anyways, I've tried the "self improvement" yet it never really helped. I'm at a healthy BMI, semi stable on mood inhibitors, and rather friendly (considering how unsociable college students are). Yet none of it helped. So i would rather stop trying and even bothering and live out what time I have left sad and alone.

• still too early to judge and determine the rest of your life. it's difficult to see in your state of being right now, but you'll realize that sooner or later. you're just gonna have to ride this one out.

• Um adopt a dog?

• Hi zeatzed

it's hard not having anyone to talk to - I've been there many times myself.

3 things that helped me:
    1. joining a sports-club - exercise is very important to stay happy and confident
    2. keep trying to reach my goals and enjoy the process along the way
    3. never give up

hope it helps!

michaelfire

• No, you will not be alone for the rest of your life