I lied to the guy I started seeing about where I live, is it really that bad?

I feel so stupid for doing this but I had a random hook up with a sweet guy. I was thinking it was just a one night thing nothing more but he wanted more so I started seeing him and now I do like him and yeah.. Thing is that when I first met him I lied about where I live. I lied right in his face. I don't like telling strangers the exact place I live I made it up and I was like "yeah I grew up there.." He found out I lied but he hasn't confronted me but I know I'll have to confess sooner and I feel really bad. So far he's still seeing me but I'm scared that he might've been hurt or even more hurt when I confess. Is it really that big of a deal to be honest? I hope it's not going to ruin what we have. I didn't think I was going to continue seeing him and now I see him as a potential boyfriend.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not a big deal, Tell him why, and trust me your reasoning is perfectly acceptable, And he should be ok. Personally i go further, i have google voice. I never actually give my real number out, i give my Google voice number first and when i get to know her better i give the real one. i always explain my self and most of the girls i dated before i met my wife were ok and totally understood. A few even asked me how i did that.

Most Helpful Girl

• It does look bad but I think you should say something, the sooner the better. Explain that you weren't expecting it to be more than a one night stand and you don't like telling strangers where you're from.

What Guys Said 1

• It would be a big deal to me. You could've said "I'm not comfortable discussing that right now" which would've been the truth

What Girls Said 2

• If it gets brought up Now Somehow... Come clean with him.
    Just explain to him Why 'When I first met him I lied,' And if he really Cares about You, A simple thing such as a Place because of a New Face, Should not bother him, Now that you both are Nurturing and Nursing Something Special.
    Today, Everyone has to be careful and look out for Themselves... I Watch Way too Much ID to Not believe this.
    Good luck. xx

• Just tell him what you told us on here. I'm pretty sure he'll be understanding.