Is being small good in China?

I am 5'1 (155 cms) and 100 pounds (45 kgs). I am also very pale, my Chinese boyfriend is always telling me that he loves I am small and white. Is this a cultural thing? I have read some things that eastern men like petite girls with pale complexions but I do not want to sound racist! I am just curious in the difference of beauty between Asia and America! He is 6'2" and 220 pounds.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think traditionally Asain culture values females that are small and pale. Pretty sure it goes way back to when patriarchy existed (still does in some families) and men were expected to be bigger than women since they were "in charge". That's prolly why most Asian guys want a girl who's smaller than them. I'm an Asian girl but I'm 5'3" and chubby so my parents are always telling me guys won't date me cause I'm big HAHA but I don't really care about that shit cause of rather a guy dated me cause he liked my personality.

What Guys Said 3

• Height doesn't really matter, being slim does.

• Yes you're good to go in China

• Never thought of this, awesome question. I would think so but who knows?

What Girls Said 4

• I'm 5'10 and white. My boyfriend, who is also Chinese, has told me that he loves, if not prefers, the fact that I'm tall, even a bit taller than him. He does disapprove of my choosing to not apply sunscreen when we occasionally bike down by the water and has been open about how he prefers pale over tan skin.

• I'm 5'10" and 118lbs and I have had more guys approach me in Japan and Korea than in any other place I've been so far despite me being this tall, so I'm not sure if this is a height thing..

• Wow vast differences there. Im sure he enjoys your size.

• i think so, they take diets to an extreme