How do you know if a guy means it when he says "I love you"?

How do you know if a guy means it when he says

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for a month now and today he texted me saying this randomly out of nowhere, so how do you know if a guy truly does love you and is not just saying it so you could have sex with him or something? Me and him haven't had sex before by the way

When he says "chill tomorrow" that just means hanging out he says that all the time

Most Helpful Guy

• He feels strongly about you. This could still change though as your relationship is still pretty new and it's never really been tested. You'll see how much he loves you once he has had to choose between you and something he really wants. I don't see what else you could possibly ask for at this point in your relationship though...

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm out of the loop is "chill tire" a term for having sex? If so, he's trying everything to get into your tire.

• He usally says "chill" which means he wants to hangout but I'm confused because i don't know if he's just saying I love you so when we chill tomorrow we could "do stuff" which I'm not ready to yet

• probably "tmrw" autocorrected lol

• Good guess though

What Guys Said 2

• It's been a month... I don't think he mean it, I'm sorry :(

• True that'd be way to fast, so you think he's just saying it to you know what?

• Okay thank you!

• @JuicyBrain Yeah that's true, it's just that I've had guys in the past say stuff like that just to you know

• When he breaks your heart you know it wasn't genuine

• Jw but why do you think he's gonna do that?

• Unless you guys had some heated arguments there's no need of him going into a heap of sentimental bullshit 'cuz it's usually not a guy thing to be emotional

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think he means it.
    sorry sweetie but i think he said "i love u" in a casual way.
    But don't worry :)
    my boyfriend said " i love you " after a year. He is shy and only said i love once. but i know he means it.

• When he says it in person for one.
    When my boyfriend first told me he loves me, it took him so much courage and I could hear the nerves in his voice, it wasn't some half assed I love you, it was perfect and true.