I am 5ft4 and I am going to move to Sweden?

Hi. Next year, I am going to move to Sweden. :) I love Swedish culture, language, and people. But I have a problem. I am only 5ft4 and their woman are around 5ft7. I heard that swedish guys dont like girls shorter than average. Do you think, is it really matters?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no idea of the culture, I'd like to go with you, take me:)!

So my thought on this, is because you are different, it makes you special and that is a card you can play to get your dudes! Think positive, that will come out of you, and guys are drawn to that!

Most Helpful Girl

• Im Swedish and 5"4 lol, no problem at all. A lot of Swedes are tall but a lot of Swedes are also around my height, so its okay. And its a good height anyhow for a girl, you can wear heels all you like. 💁🏽 I have never heard a Swedish guy complain about height tbh.

About your friend being dumped then I guess she's going for guys who are far far too tall? Or they're just making an excuse lol.

• I heatd that majority of swedish guys demand tall girls, isn't it right?

• Had you ever boyfriend, have they ever commented about your height?

• I haven't had a Swedish boyfriend but my friends have, even my short Swedish friends have. No problem there.

What Guys Said 16

• I am Swedish, you'll be fine sweetie. Don't worry about it. Swedish guys in general might have a preference but it is one of those unimportant ones that we do not actually care about.

Välkommen till Sverige ;)

• I have a friend who is 165cm tall and complains about guys generally dump her because of her height. is it really true that swedish guys dont like short girls?

• That sounds very strange to me. Our average is only an inch taller and I think most guys wouldn't notice it, even less be bothered by it.

Speaking for myself and any guy I have ever discussed preferences with, Swedish guys have nothing against shorter girls. You can rest easy.

• I'm sorry to hear that lol... I'm sure not all of them will care that much.
    I really don't see guys putting much emphasis on their partner's heights.

• You're so lucky you're moving to Sweden!

Anyway, your height shouldn't be an issue. It's much easier to be a short girl than it is to be a short guy, so you'll be fine.

You have to try Surstromming when you move there!

• You're misinformed. Swedish women are 5'5 on average.

• Listen fam, you'll be fine. And in the rare event that you do meet a guy that won't date you because of your height then forget that guy.

you'll definitely do better than short guys...

• guys like all kinds of people even in sweden just look at pewdiepie she grows facial hair her tits are really flat and she has a somewhat deep voice yet she is married to some lucky dude

• They will probably like a smaller girl, its different, people like different. Be careful there though, many cases of rape and assault with all the new economic mirgants

• Don't worry, Swedish guys (if you can still call them like that) don't like girls to begin with :)

• Should not be a problem. It isn't that short. My mother is half Swedish, and 5-2.

• I don't think it matters
    Your height is kinda perfect to me
    Though I'm short :P

• Why do people obsess over this too much? You'll still survive.

• 5'4, 5'7 really dont think it makes that much difference. I hope men are not so superficial.

• American guys are not that superficial, but I heard that Swedish man have huge standards when it comes to relationship

• How did you get the visa? My friend was refused because she was shorter than 5'8".

• Ya you should not move to his place. You will look so dear. How will you live there? O gosh. Yiu are so tiny.
    Ugh , silly you. You are so tall yet so whiny. I am a man and 5.4
    SILLY girl STOP whining.

• Why Sweden, its the feminist capital of the world. didn't even know menexisted in Sweden

• For me, it matters. 168cm is lower limit for me. I am 185 cm.

What Girls Said 8

• No, it doesn't matter. Don't believe everything you hear. Swedish guys like girls of all shapes and sizes, trust me. Where are you from originally?

• I live in Sweden by the way

• @tristan22 About 167 cm, or 5 ft 5 1/2 inch.

• You'll survive.

• I've met a lot of swedish girls who were your height or even shorter and they seemed just fine dw

• Are you going there to date or travel

• Nope no one will care. But zara laarson is from there and I <3 her music... but she's only 5'6.

• I think you're probably fine. Relax. Cross that bridge when you come to it.

• some swedish guys care, dome dont. I am sure, there is at least one guy who can love you even with that height. :) dont feed your complexes, focus on your good aspects. :)

• I am a Swede.
    you are around 163cm tall I think. To be honest, it depends on the guy. Some demand their partner to be taller than average, some guys think there are more important things than height. Focus on the second class, they are the ones worth for you.
    :)

• Is it true Sweden has very equal rights between men and women?