I am 5 ft 2, Am I short or just average?

And I am 110 lbs. I think I am average, not tall ofc but not that short too, but my friend (!) claimed that I am short. Some forums say that under 5ft3 in petite (short) too. But, I am only 2 in shorter than average, not too much. What do you think? Am I averge or short?

According to my quick research, average height of a woman is 5'4 in US
only 2 in shorter?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd consider you on the shorter side of average... not bad at all lol just short.

• still average? :D

• didn't you say 5ft2 is short? :D

• It's a foot shorter than me lol so of course I'll consider it short but I've dated girls your height before.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not on the short side of average. You're not average. You're short. The short side of average would be 5'4", which is when you get into the average range. Petite is from 5'2" and under. It doesn't really matter if you're "2 in shorter than average" because you are still shorter than average. There's nothing wrong with being short. I'm 5'2" and I love it. My boyfriend is 6' and he thinks I'm adorable. I hate wearing heels because I feel too tall. I don't see why it matters that you're short. You can't change it, so why care? Just be happy with who you are.

• short side of average is 5"4? no, 5"4 is average height for a woman.

What Guys Said 12

• Are you by chance in a family of pigmy's in Africa? then I'd say you are really really tall!

If you are in the USA, I'd say you are below average a few inches (like I am).
    But that is not a bad height because you put on 3" heels and you are at or above average. It is not a problem.

Short to me would be 5ft and less. But I know girls that size who have date after date (they throw them back, not the guy rejecting). So I don't see a problem if that is what you are wondering...

• You're about the average height among women in my country.

• A lot of women are 5'2", you might be a little shorter then average but it's not a bad thing. I love short women and am automatically attracted somewhat to them just because of that. It's hot.

• so, what is average? (lets say, short-end of average?)

• According to a quick search online 5'5" apparently. I think it's shorter than that personally because so many women are 5'4", 5'3" or shorter. Maybe we just don't hear about the taller ones as much?

• 3in shırter than average. makes me short? :/

• You're below average height

• The average women is about 5'5" shorter than that is short taller than that is tall. I think 5'4" is about the ideal height for women, but I'm 6'3"... I don't have a problem with a women being 5'2", but you are on the short end of the bell curve.

• Where do you live? In some countries that's average. In the US., that's short but not freakishly short. You are a lot closer to average than I am. I'm almost a foot above the average man.

• US. In scandinavian, I would be midget but in US, only 2in shorter than average. still short? :/

• Lol I personally find taller chicks hotter and that's like below my ribs or something

• You're fun sized.

• that means short, i guess..

• It does, there's nothing wrong with it though.

• what is short-end of average height? I may grow up so...

• Slightly on the short side. Otherwise, close to average I believe.

• Yeah you're short but it's okay :)

• your short, you sound like a cute minion.

• only 2in shorter than average? :(

• hey dont be sad, a lot of guys find short girls very attractive and i find them very cute. im sure you must be very cute.

• You're short

• aww. maybe if i wear heels and guys dont realize I am 2in shorter than average? ;)

• haha :D I asked this question to learn answer, even it is bitter. And a girl write this post and i feel like I am perky :D

"I dont understand why you care this so much. If you are short, you are short. There are short people, there are fat people, there are skinny people, there are ugly people, there are even disabled people. Why do you DEMAND yourself to be perfect like prepared in photoshop? You are a human and of course, you have flaws too, like all of us. Lets embrace them?"

• Exactly

What Girls Said 12

• I'm the same height and I have always been regarded as short.

• only 2 in shorter than average. what is problem with those people.

• I don't find it to be insulting to be regarded as short honestly so I never gave it that much thought.

• Well if you're two inches below average height you're obviously on the shorter side, but at 5'2" you're not a midget if that's what you're asking.

• World's average height for women is 5 3"..

• On the shorter side

• You're shorter than the world average, so you're short.

• Average don't worry about height is just number.

• You're short but there's nothing wrong with that

• but it is only 2in shorter than average? :/

• Wear heels, don't worry about it.

• You're short. I am the same height.

• but we are ONLY 2 in shorter than average? it is not noticeable :D

• Yes, but still... we are shorter than average T_T

• it makes us short end of averagei not short

• I dont understand why you care this so much. If you are short, you are short. There are short people, there are fat people, there are skinny people, there are ugly people, there are even disabled people. Why do you DEMAND yourself to be perfect like prepared in photoshop? You are a human and of course, you have flaws too, like all of us. Lets embrace them?

• good comment. sorry for feeling so naive :/

• Yeah you're short, I'm the same height as you and I'm considered short aswell, but that isn't bad at all

• only 2 in shorter than average. :D do you think we are classified as short?

• SERIOUSLY? What is problem with that guys? :O

• Like I honestly don't mind at all, I know I'm short so someone telling me I am it doesn't make a difference, it doesn't annoy me or bother me

• short-end of average. all under your height considered short, but 5ft2-5ft6 is average I can say. So dont worry, you are still average in US. :D Just, dont go to Europe.