Should I meet with this guy on tinder (description)?

I have a really fun conversation with this guy on tinder and he wants to meet. Only he keeps making kinda sexual comments so I don't know if he just wants to hook up, cause Im not into that.

Do guys usuallyuse tinder only for hook ups?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably not, if you're looking for something serious. Him making sexual comments so early on suggests that that's what he's all about.
    As for guys usually using tinder just for hookups, I suppose it depends on where you live. In Finland it seems to be used as both a dating app and a hookup app, a lot of my friends have found current and past long-term partners through tinder. But I also know a few people who only use it to find hookups.
    If you want to find something serious through tinder, you'll have to weed out the bad ones from the good ones. A guy making sexual comments right off the bat is indeed a "red flag" if you're looking for something a bit more serious. You could also just straight up ask the guys you end up talking to what they're looking for - only hookups or something serious? I feel like in the long run, guys on tinder would probably not lie about looking for something serious, since there are plenty of girls on there who only want to hook up as well and it would be a waste of time to lie to someone and put on an act. Be wary anyway though, and analyze their words and general behavior towards you. Those who only want to hook up tend to be a lot more impatient (since they're looking for instant gratification - casual sex - instead of something long-term).
    So yeah. Don't be afraid to just ask the guy what he really wants.

What Guys Said 4

• it can go either way. if he tries to pull a move then just bail, it's that simple. but bottom line, you'll never know until you try.

• I used it for whatever - if they wanted to date, we'd date. If they wanted a sexy fling, we'd have that.

• I've been on tinder and I learned to not meet with the girls who keep making sexual comments. They only want a hook up.

• Yep. If you're using tinder to find a relationship you're fishin in the wrong pond! lol

What Girls Said 4

• That would be a huge turn off for me if someone says sexual things off the bat that usually means that is all they are looking for. I find it degrading and disrespectful when someone talks like that to someone they don't know. A lot of people do think that is all Tinder is for because that was what it used to be for, now a lot of people use it for dating but a lot use it just for a hook up.

• YES THEY DO! MAINLY THIS!

I suggest telling him if you meet up it will not involve sex. See what happens. If he replies with 'well I wasn't expecting it' then you are golden, if he takes offence you dodged a bullet.

• Um yeah, this dude just wants to f-ck. Sorry sister.

• He definitely just wants sex. And yes most guys use tinder for hook ups.