I am a Christian that is dating a atheist.. My family pretty much hassles me about dating her. How do I deal with them?

I get along great with my girlfriend we respect each other even though we have different beliefs. We have common beliefs and that we unite on which are a lot. I have dated quiet a few church women and that did not work well for me, so I choose to do something different so that's why I am dating this girlfriend. I feel she gives me stability and confidence that was not there when I dated in the church. I also went through some really ruff traumatic stuff and she has gone through a lot of trauma as well and is able to understand what I have been through. We're is my family has a hard time grasping it. They also give me a hard time about dating her. Any advice please.

Most Helpful Girl

• At your age I'd be telling them to butt out of my life.

I wouldn't tolerate any of my family members interfering in my personal life. I'm too independent to allow other people to make decisions in any aspect of my life.

I know what I want and what I don't want , so I would respectfully tell them to stop being so overly concerned about my love life.

I date who I choose to, not who they deem suitable for me. After all , it's me who is going to be sharing my life with the person... not my family.

What Girls Said 1

• Hmmm, respect your family if they are respectful but honestly, you're not a teenager who needs to be extra careful so as to get lunch money. If this woman is extra special to you, stand up for her. Your family won't respect her if you don't demand it.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm assuming you two have an understanding on each others beliefs right? This an issue of boundaries man. Whether it's the fact she's an atheist or maybe not "christian" enough or insert any issue they have with whomever your dating. You need to let them know you're not ok with their little comments.

I wouldn't put up with it. I see it as disrespect for family to meddle in my relationships. Especially if they're healthy and make me happy.

• Just do what you want don't let peer pressure get to you.

• Tell them you are trying to save her. They might reply that you will become "unequally yoked", but you are *just dating* at this point.

• I'll tell you from experience break up with her now
    no you can not change her if that's on your mind
    take my advice

• No that was not my objective really.

• We actually get along very well and way better than the women I have dated in church.