"Whoever cares less in the relationship has the power" - Agree or Disagree?

Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• And that's why women have all the power when it comes to most relationship where they are with men who are a little above them or on their level.

1) Women won't initiate approaching you
    2) They won't call you and will only respond if you call them first
    3) They want you to plan out dates and then you have to lead and carry the conversation
    4) You have to call them again to plan out the date again

All these things are men handing women power over and women taking the stance of being the more valuable one in the relationship.

When sex happens thing tend to balance out 60/40 with women still having the slight edge and using sex as a means of control. You do something she doesn't like and she'll use the withholding of sex against you.

The situation of women chasing men and begging for them to not leave is only reversed when it is quite clear beyond any reasonable doubt that women can't even hamster themselves that the man is better than her in every way.

I'm talking makes 3x her salary, is better looking than her even when she is dolled up, has a better career/status job than her, has more connections/social network than her than grants him access to powerful friends.

In such a case a woman might even turn a blind eye to cheating to be with said man.

Most Helpful Girl

• This CAN be true, in the sense that the partner who "cares less" is more able to issue ultimatums, etc.
    In other words, if "cares less" translates to BEING MORE WILLING TO WALK AWAY... then, probably, yeah.

On the other hand, that hardly means that the relationship is *better* or *more enjoyable* for that partner.
    I mean... after all, she/he is in a relationship that probably kinda sucks in the first place, and that's why she/he cares less to begin with. Lol.
    Honestly, in this kind of situation, the partner who "has power by caring less" probably just feels undercompesnated -- like "I should be out of my partner's league". So, yeah, they have some measure of power, but it's hardly something to savor. Like being the boss at a shitty job -- it's still a shitty job baha

__

On the other hand, if neither party is actually willing to walk away, and "cares less" means LESS PASSIONATE... then, hell naw.

If you've got two people who tend toward manipulation and scheming, then, the person who's MORE emotionally invested, and MORE passionate, will absolutely have the upper hand, no questions asked.
    Because in that kind of situation, the person who's more passionate will just have more energy to pour into scheming and manipulation (or womanipulation, lol).

In other words, in this instance the person who "cares less" will normally just tire out first, and then give in.

What Guys Said 12

• Whoever cares less has the power, because whoever cares more hands over their power to the other person. They would tolerate being mistreated, walked all over, but still wouldn't gut up to walk away becuz they don't think they deserve something/someone better other than the relationship they're in.

• That's the old wives tale, and for many people it's true. I'd say girls that care more about me, have more influence over me. If she doesn't care about me and the relationship, I wouldn't care enough to tell her to stop drop and roll if she was lit on fire in front of me...

• But don't you have to like them for them to have influence over you?

• @askuser I don't have to be sexually attracted to a person to respect them and understand that they care about me if that's what you are asking.

• I agree, that and whoever has the best alternatives/most options if the relationship were to fail.

• Yes, that person has more power if the other partner in the relationship doesn't see it as a red flag.

• Depends on the participants.

If everyone is immature, it is true.
    If everyone is mature, it is false.
    If one person is mature and the other is not, it is false.

• Its mostly girls who waste their time on guys who could care less. I know it works in short term.

However it wouln't be much of a relationship if either partner cares less.

• It could probably be argued that anyone who has the least to lose is at an advantage

• who ever controls the money and rescources has the power >:D

• There's a certain amount of truth to this, but don't be fool enough to confuse "CONTROLLING the money" with "EARNING the money".

For longtime married couples who are close to divorce, ironically, the partner who earns LESS money is decidedly in the power position.

• @redeyemindtricks of course thats why i said control not earn :P

• Yea probably...

• Totally agree.

• Agree

• If you think about personal relations in terms of power you have bigger problems than who is on top.

What Girls Said 18

• I agree, if your besotted with them you'll be there for them no matter what. Because your letting your emotions control you. Even if you do feel manipulated, you don't care because that person means the world to you. I don't think its right though, I'm not really soppy and romantic but I still let people know that I care. If they care less. It doesn't really sound like their hearts in it. This happens only if you let it. If you go with your head instead of your heart, you can end it. This way, they no longer have any power over you. I certainly would, I don't tolerate being used.

• Whoever cares more has the power to make change. I care more so I will make the change needed to have a stable family. My husband cares less and is lazy and always on the defense so I will make sure we get things done.

• I thinking in a relationship both partners should care about each other and the relationship equally. If someone cares less about it then that might lead to failure coz he wouldn't put any effort and the other one will get annoyed and fights begin. As well as if one of them cares too much about it, it might also lead to failure coz it would start to get "boring" or whatever. The best thing is bother partners caring in nearly the same "amount"

• why should anyone be caring less? that's an alarm bell to start with.

• Ehm.

I do agree.

People will forever want what they can't have, and us women are no different especially when it comes to men which is why we’d much rather waste our time pursuing men who are out of our league or want nothing to do with us.

:\

• Disagree

the one who's emotionally stronger has the
    " power"

• If that was the case.. They need to re-evaluate the relationship.

• Who ever cares less in the relationship should not be in any relationship.

• Probably... but this is a shitty relationship tho.

Coz like, why would you need to have power or something, a relationship is about sharing and giving so it shouldn't be like that in my opinion

• I agree with that wholeheartedly.

• No. That sounds like a really sad relationship lol

• I agree. If you don't care, then you can always walk away.

• Probably so, unfortunately.

• unfortunately yes. id have to say usually thats the case.

• Have been there, I mean with less power, I agree with this.

• I have to agree.

• If you love/care for someone you wouldn't think who has more power etc as you be to busy trying to be equals

• Yeah I agree with it. It's true.