Why did he tell me I need a husband?

Why did he tell me I need a husband?

Ok, there is this man at my school student store. I go there very often and today I carried my brothers notebook, he saw my brothers name in the notebook so he asked "is that your brother or your husband?" I said "my brother". He went on asking if I was married or had a husband, then I said no I don't have a husband, thats when he said "well you should!" He laughed and I sustained what I initially said that I wanted no husband or kids. He then turned serious and said "yeah, don't do that" he said. But why would he even say something like that? I mean, every time I've spoken to this guy I've been friendly and respectful... why would he said such a thing?

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe he was trying to be helpful but it came off as rude and ignorant. People always try to force others to have their point of view. It's your choice for not wanting a husband or kids. He should had minded his buisness and not make a joke out of it.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he doesn't know how to flirt. Sounds to me like he was just making a joke. He probably finds you attractive and is questioning why another man hasn't scoop you up. Because he would sure put a ring on it.