Why does being a douch get women's attention more then being yourself?

So I went to the bar this weekend with the a no more mister nice guy attitude because I wanted to get girls attention, to see if being an asshole really works. being myself wasn't working in my approche. Well it does work after saying corny pickup lines, and talking about how I'm good at fighting (I have never been in a fight) and how I make six figures, it worked I got a bunch of phone numbers and this one girl wants to go on a date with me all I did was talk about myself and insult her. But that's not me and that's also not 90% of dudes but why must guys put on this over aggressive attitude to get a women's attention the kinda guy I was being was super greasy but chicks loved it... Sadly I see a lot of guy saying "no more mister nice guy" Why can't I be my quiet introverted confident self and just talk to girls on an equal level without being mister I'm more dominate then you?

Most Helpful Girl

• What kind of girls gave you their numbers? Are they quality girls who are nice and you can take home to Mom? If so, I don't know what to tell you, it does not work on me at all though. When I was much younger maybe a little of that would, but not the cockiness, that never worked for me. I think if you keep being nice eventually it will pay off in the end and a really nice, good girl will like you back. All I look for is nice guys and I keep getting disappointed eventually. One day I will find a through and through good guy I hope.

Most Helpful Guy

• This totally happened OP. I believe you 100% Goodjob. You know what's crazy? A similar thing happened to me.. I'll tell you the story.

What Girls Said 2

• you met the wrong kind of girls.

• It does not

• You just go for low quality girls

What Guys Said 4

• This story changed since last time you told it.

• Being a douche gets the attention of certain women in bars. Being confident helps with almost all women (except for some very shy ones), but there's a difference between being a douche and just being confident.

• Women are shallow. And they like the fake personality, its performance art. It removes any threat of being tied down to commitment if you're an actor playing a part in their women drama.

• That's the minority. I think most women appreciate a good guy.