Would you ask someone out who lives in a different state?

There's this guy I've had a crush on since college. We weren't very close, but we stayed friendly after he graduated. He moved up north and I'm living in a different state in the south. I was feeling really ballsy one day and told him we should go on a date. His response was, "I love in *so and so* city." I said so? He did say yes but the "logistics make it hard" but he heard my city was cool so he'll keep it in mind.

Would you ever ask someone out who lives far away?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm open to it, done it multiple times already, with people I knew that moved away it's not ideal but if I find the person worth it I'll give it a shot.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a Pro on LDR and as of right Now Somehow... I have a husband out in Egypt whom I am still married to.
    We are estranged right now, Long story and All, But I still have my Profile on this Reputable Dating Site that I have belonged to for 6 years.
    I have no problem in Visiting anyone New in a "Different state," And as a matter of fact right now, I have been talking to a Brazilian guy who is Moving from Brazil to Denver, Colorado, And we have Spoken of me visiting him this summer when he is settled in his new place and has opened up his new business.
    Not everyone is 'Cool' with LDR or even Meeting and Greeting in Place that is not next door, you could Say, Face to Face.
    'This guy' sounds like one of them.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 2

• I'm not a fan of long distance relationships. So unless there was a realistic chance of us living in the same town/city in the near future, I wouldn't ask her out.

• I do if I genuinely like the person and I would make an effort to see them, who knows I may find her to be irresistible and will want to bring her closer or move to her.

What Girls Said 2

• If I thought it were worth it. To be completely honest, if someone doesn't live in the same state and neither of you are planning to visit in the soon future... I honestly don't see the point. Just leads to pain and heartbreak if you guys get too close.
    I haven't dated yet and although I have fancied people who don't live near me... I just don't see myself dating outside of my state. I just don't see it logically happening. I don't want to invest myself into something hopeless.

• Depends on how close we are (emotionally/friendshipwise). I've dealt with a lot of long distance stuff before, so I think I could manage. It's a little hard, but it can work. I mean, friendships are different, but my best friend and I live in different states, but we make it work and are really close and I sleep over his house whenever I want. We also Skype and message all the time.