Is my girlfriend secretly in love with my rough past?

my girlfriend, of nearly 2 years (total, we took a long beak in between) says she's always saw the good in me, even when we met which weren't my brightest days.

she says she always knew i was good deep down and she is happy that now i am showing that to the world, but the truth is my past has not been easy. growing up was not easy for me from every aspect and she knows that.

occasionally we talk about my past life like my teenage years growing up, which she knows were filled with drugs and crime and generally bad things. when i talk in detail about these things her eyes seems to light up and she stares at me and listens with her full undivided attention. even if its hard for me to talk about it she is so interested in it. why?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe it's just so different from her own teenage years that it's interesting, and also, it's about you. I would be worried if she didn't give you her undivided attention when you're talking about your troubled past with her. She cares, and listens. That's good.

Most Helpful Guy

• I smoked coco puffs a couple times which is essentially crack, smoked pounds of weed, took oxycontin, drank like crazy, smoke cigars and cigarettes, sniffed coke once, did exstacy, did chewing tobacco. My ex wouldn't even drink with me only twice in 6 months, during this time I smoked weed once and just drank. Now I've been smoking loads of pot and working out and hitting on girls everywhere at least talking, asking them out ext. She likes bad boys and wants them inside her

What Girls Said 2

• It's intriguing to her

• She appreciates that you're opening up to her, and trusting her with your struggles, she probably pictures how she would have helped had she met you in that time of your life.

What Guys Said 1

• She wants to become the great fixer, the one who takes you away from that all, maybe.

Maybe she's interested in you like a science project.

Or maybe she's intrigued.