How do I get over the fear of losing another good freind because of romantic feelings? We both like each other but were both dancing around dating?

My close female friend and I both like each other but we have been tiptoeing around talking about us dating. Last year we were in a close group. I asked one of the girls if she would like to go out with me. She turned me down flat and it ruined our friendship. My close female freind saw that and saw what happened to the two of us. Now I'm just really scared that if I date her and were not good together. I will lose another good freind. She is also being hesitant about it because it would be the first time she dates. So were just kind of dancing back and forth with each other.

Most Helpful Guy

• its a leap of faith you gotta take or if your too afraid of loosing her as a friend then dont date her and find someone else

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think it's a good idea to be dating your close female friend. If it fails, you won't remain friends afterwards. Guaranteed.

What Guys Said 1

• Why are you afraid of something who doesn't even exist, Instead of thinking like you should focus on how to lose her a girlfriend, It's like you already decided that your relationship with her as girlfriend won't work, Take it easy man and go step by step, If you're not ready then stay a freind with forever