Should I accept myself or change?

So I have been reading up on dating, and being self confident, self respect and I am a bit stuck.

You have to love yourself, be confident and accept yourself for who you are.

So if I am a shy introvert, I have to accept that and be happy with that. Which I really used to be fine with, until I decided I wanted a girlfriend and started dating and quickly had my heart smashed into a million pieces.

Dating, people say you have to change, you have to be more social, go out, go clubbing, go to bars, which I am really not comfortable with... and then I feel bad because I am not an extrovert, even though I try.

Should I be happy being an introvert, I really would love if I was a extroverted party animal who could go clubbing and pick up tons of girls but that is just not me.

Or should I change myself to find a girl?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't change yourself for someone else, there's nothing wrong with being introverted.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't change yourself! You'll end up attracting someone who is not right for you! Stay true to yourself! Any rejection you face is not your fault, it just means you are most likely incompatible! The best woman will be the one who loves the shy introverted you. And there are women that like that!

What Girls Said 2

• Well if you're open to meeting new girls then yeah clubs, bars, lounges are great place to socialize and meet girls. The thing is you said that those places are not ur style. That's fine. Why not go to places that is more "you"? A gym maybe? A library, bookstore, a parade, bowling alley, mall, skating rink, etc. I wouldn't say change who u are. The ONLY time I'd say that is if for example the last four girls u dated had the same issue with u. Then u might wanna change that or wait until u find someone who don't mind what the other girls found unbearable. I wish u all the best with everything!

• If you think you should change, then change.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm actually writing a whole book about this topic haha. In short, no you do not (nor should you ever) change who you are as a person. Working on being more social and improving your strategies when engaging women is completely different from changing your personality. Also, this does not require clubbing or partying. There are women everywhere, so just learn to talk to them. Oh, and there's plenty of introverted women out there too

• You should change; most women want a strong man

• Change.

• Don't change yourself and you'll meet the right person in the right time and she will like this about you, just be patient and don't do things you're comfortable with, no matter what.