No sex at 24? never had sex?

This guy called me a dissappointment (the title is misleading so y'all are gonna click on it and answer:))

Because at the age of 23 i had no ''real'' friends or no friends at all, a sucky education, no car, live at home with my mother and basically no ''purpose' he said i should go and dissappoint someone else... i felt awful about myself for the last year, he said i wasn't dateable and have nothing to offer... i thought he really liked me... how can a woman be a dissappointment? exactly? i felt awful past year, literally got depressed now im almost 24 and still feel awful... how can someone call someone that? i was already feeling awful about my life...

Most Helpful Guy

• women are different.. if a man love a woman.. he'll want to get more of her.. he won't get enough of her.. he'd be so happy that you're there for him all the time.. he'll want the best for you as if you're his daughter.. he'll encourage you.. this guy.. he didn't like you.. you're lucky.. he was after a girl who would give him other things other than love and beauty.. you're lucky he revealed himself.. don't settle for that.. be proud.. you're a girl.. you have beauty.. emotions.. kindness. you can be a mother.. a caring partner.. if you want to work.. do that for yourself.. do only what you like.. this is your life.. be with someone who wants you for you.. not for "what you have to offer" your money or your place or your status to show off to his family and friends.. you're too valuable for that.. you're the treasure men work all their lives to get to.. and work then to make her safe and happy and provide for her to make the family she's the heart of... what you're feeling is wrong.. really.. be happy you got rid of that guy.. move on.. you're 24.. the best is what's coming.. trust me

• thank you so much... he said himself he would do anything to keep his woman happy... found out he is dating another girl who is not the most pretty so that why I was so confused.

• I didn't date him... saw on fb

• ok.. sorry I misunderstood.. but that's my point.. she's an international student.. an "upper middle class".. you shouldn't take his words seriously.. you're much better off.. he wants a show off partner.. not someone to love and have compassion for.. imagine what will he do if that girl got expelled from that international college.. will he stand by her side.. support her? he'll dump her.. you're lucky you didn't get involved with him really.. your next experience will be so much better

Most Helpful Girl

• one opinion of someone isn't reallly truth, just a perspective at a time in your life. The tables can always turn but it just depends on the next series of choices that you will make, which will no longer see you in this situation again.

What Guys Said 8

• He's a jerk don't let other people put their ideas about "your life" into your head. Exercise, get counselling, smoke weed for a short time, have sex, date someone, find a purpose. You will feel better. I've done all of the above and it works for me. That and dancing to EDM really makes me a happier person. Get tinder, ask out strangers or just be more friendly. Depressed people tend to be bored and lonely and lack purpose. My life purpose is to help others, I have to be careful though cause it opens me up to be "used" since I am not the most assertive person.

• It sounds to me like he was being a dick. On a side note, only you can better your situation. "Dignus victoria esto" Deserve victory. Dont wait for someone to hand you what you want, Go out and deserve it.

Life is yours alone, rise up and live it.

• He was being verbally abusive to you. No need for any of that and it's not true. Ignore his comments and do what you want with your life. His opinion doesn't matter at all.

• Forget about not having sex or living with your mother and all...
    You should get a job..! Did you finish college?
    When you will get a job your life will come on track

• No one has insulted or suggest disaapointion in me, but aside from that I feel you, and I'm 28. So don't be hard on yourself, okay?

• because people like to hurt.. be yourself.. if they cannot cope with that tough

• Well, if you are useless you are useless, but that doesn't mean he had to call you out on it.

• Trust me hun, forget about guys like that. You are not a appointment. You have the power to succeed. Remember just keep your chin up and follow a dream you have. He is just being a "dick" because he knows you are better than him.

• really? how does he know i am better then him? do men think that?

• Hard to say what, since i don't know you or him. But generally men put women down when they feel threatened. So i'd just take it as a compliment and ignore him. Good men will never put down women. And don't worry hun, you will do just fine. Believe in yourself, you have all the power you need in your hands. :)

What Girls Said 3

• You're not a disappointment. If he really cared about you it wouldn't matter to him how experienced you are, or your life situation for that matter. Some guys actually prefer virgins. Trust me, you're better off without him. I'm sure there's a guy out there who will like you just the way you are and won't care about those things :) you just need to find him

• It's okay! please don't feel bad. it's really very ok to be a virgin, you don't have to have sex if you don't want to, or if there isn't anyone you want to have it with at the time. I myself don't get why people make such a big deal out of it. if you're still depressed, please consider seeing a specialist. it can help wonders.

• Go tell him to go fuck himself. THAT IS NOT TRUE! YOU ARE NOT DISSAPPIONTMENT.