Are women less mature in this generation? and if so why?

My girlfriend is 30 and I've noticed that for that age she seems a tad immature. She cares more about smoking weed, drinking going out. Instagram, snapchat selfies etc. She hangs out and talks to her 19 year old cousin too, they've gotten piercings together and all of that. Is this common amongst women of this age? or is it just her? and if so is this a new trend? I'm 26 and have already grown out of this lifestyle, am I wrong fro thinking she should be more mature?

• Common
  • Uncommon (immature)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 21. I feel like and I've been told I am waaayyy above my age level. So I feel like I am mature enough I wasn't brought up rich or fancy I chose to be this way. We all have a choice here in America and I chose to be above your average Jane. Now some women just don't see life that way, their philosophy of adult hood is either different or just chose to have a life style like that. Bring it up talk it out see how it goes if she doesn't feel like she doesn't fit your life needs then dumb her find someone else who got it together

Most Helpful Guy

• Its very common amoung unmarried 30 year old career women to act this way I see it all the time. They might have an impressive career and make good money but that doesn't make them a good catch. Take one of my ex's who's now 33 she is still living the same partygirl lifestyle as when she was 18 at college, she works as a lawyer at her Dad's firm, live with her parents, spends all her money on crap, has no savings, cannot handle basic lifeskill tasks, can't cook, won't clean and sleeps around (not when we were together). Basically though I cared for her I had to break up with her as she had no ambitions and was just not marriage material. Its nice having someone to wake up with and to have sex with for a while but you got to ask yourself do we want the same things. If I were you I'd dump her and move on. Im currently married to a beautiful 24 year old who has her head screwed on.

What Girls Said 37

• that's uncommon.. seems like she doesn't want to grow up... i'm in my 20s and i never do things that are listed above...

• It seems like your girlfriend has a young spirit, there's nothing inherently wrong with that. Label it as immature if you will, but your girlfriend's actions don't equate to all women.

• In my area my dad's grown ass friends with kids and everything act like that. It's common here but I would hope it isn't anywhere else. These people act like they're in high school when they're almost 40.

• That's uncommon. She's immature... not all women.
    She sounds like a loser.

• I tend to find it's guys who are immature for their age but you do see the odd immature woman. I tend to date much older than I am, so guys 35-45 and they've never found me immature. I tend to find girls mature much more than a quickly than boys (that's why I won't date guys my own age) but there are always exceptions.

• I think its perfectly normal for men and women to be a tad immature. No, sometimes the men are just as bad. Lol. Im sure we can all be serious when required but we all have an inner child in us and we tend to be a little goofy and immature at times, which can be fun.

• That's absolutely uncommon, I mean seriously I know not a single person, male OR female who's over 28 and doesn't have their life together..

• Sounds like it's just her. I'm definitely not like that..

• There are mature women, there are immature women.
    There are mature men, there are immature men.

Did I just rock your world with this revelation?

• It's really uncommon!

• A lot. Because their more influenced by media and women who are lost also pull them in thinking they know it all also and everyone falls like dominoes

• Weed dont make people grow emotionally

• I mean, when 28 year old men are telling you to kill yourself on the Internet because you told him you don't think he's attractive, are women really the problem?

• Immature

• im mature asf when it matters

• Thats gross lol. She sounds like a junior in high school not a 30 year old woman. She just has a pea brain and fucked up priorities. Its just her man. Move on.

• ehh im definitely like that and im 29. i done smoke or drink really. work has taken over my lifeeeeee

• I feel like this generation of women are mature, but also know how to let go and have fun doesn't make us immature. But yeah some women do it a little over the top.

• I don't know if it's just the smartphone generation that's either immature or self-centered, or if the smartphone just makes it more obvious (of what is a common phenom in every gen).

• I think it's true of both genders.

• Might just be her. It all depends on the individual really!

• she sounds like she's having some type of midlife crisis

• You said she's 30 but it seems like she's stuck in her early 20's

• People in the last couple generations tend to be less mature, for a number of reasons.

• I find the men more immature

• Maybe you just have a very bad taste for women and think the girl you're with today represents all women.

• It is probably just her... my sister is 26 and have already grown out of that stage..

• I think men are less mature and women are more powerful

• -.- it's not just woman's guys in this generation are pretty immature as well lol

• We are a lost generation. It's not only women...

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 36

• I have a female freind that is 26 but she acts like a highschooler. When I'm out with my female freinds I just want to call her a girl because she does not act mature enough to be a woman. This might have been due to her focusing only on school until she was 20. She has everything job degree some money saved. But she is just so imature and she loves playing social games.

• Yes, and the reason for this is the lack of criticism, and the "it's my life, I do what I want, so don't you dare judge me".
    They're right, they can do whatever they want, but with a lack of criticism, you can't improve. If no one tells you to grow the fuck up, and do something with your life, you'll keep thinking that doing drugs and partying on Tuesdays is ok.

• Her case sounds uncommon and more like an individual thing. But I believe that people in general of this generation tend to be less mature. It is because college has pretty much delayed adulthood yet again, and many students still expect to be treated like children.

• Nah usually women are more mature. She sounds way too immature for 30.

• It's common, but it's not something specific to this generation.

Women have always had less responsibility than men to carry, so they've always had the privilege of a more carefree life. The only change is that feminism has clued us in on what women's potential, so now we just expect more from them.

• she's missed something growing up and she's overcompensating. Maybe she didn't party in her teens and regrets it. Either way she is immature. Right enough its usually the boring bastards with the stick up their arses that moan about growing up and beijg mature. Smacks of jealousy.

• It is common and thats unfortunate.
    I dont know what happened but people became waaaaaay to obsessed with social media, drinking, going out and having "fun"...
    ew
    *turns to his alien realtor*
    I'd like 1 house on mars please. Include the fast wifi.

• i wouldn't say immiture but i belive that some women in the western world are being taut to be selfentitled for certian things or situations they have not even worked towards or hard to get.

when instead the person should be based on merit and hard work

but thsi just my view :P

• Less mature? Perhaps. Wait, what generation are we talking about - Generation X? Generation Y? Generation Post-Y?

• I'd hope not, but sadly, it really seems like that's the case. It's not become a norm, fortunately. The social media, though, I agree, has had a mind-numbing effect on some people.

• So are men.

• Like 80% of the girls in my age group 20-24 are coke heads where I live. Some probably have aids or stds. Weed isn't that bad but partying with teenagers when you are in your 30's certainly is immature

• I know this because I know someone who traffics cocaine lol

• I say no, the "not wanting to grow up" thing happens equally with gals as well as guys

• Well to be frank, back in the old days, women just borned, grew up, married, had children and so on.

Now some of them are just experimenting.

• people in general this day and age have less self control... and a lot more impulse.

• She is immature, but women in general are probably more mature than us most of the time.

• It's likely because of all the crap music and tv shows that come out these days. The "trip hop" generation as I like to say.

• dont know why but a lot of women are mature. so this is uncommon

• PEOPLE generally are less mature in this generation

• That's not very common...

• It is common. And normal.

• I dont know if its common, but its immature...

• I'd say yes. This entire generation feels entirely immature, as well as content with mediocrity so there's no motivation to "grow up".

• i think empowerment of women sometimes advocates all the freedom but no responsibility.

• They are more immature than they ever have been

• No usually women are more mature than men.

• it's common. but then, this is the kind of girls that the media describes as ''hip''.

• no disrespect, but any woman at 30 years old, still behaving like that needs to grow up..

• Feminism.

• Women are kinda fucked in this generation. My honest opinion is use them for sex and that's about it. Girls used to be nice before but now anything you say or do is a crime. Feminism destroyed the lovely caring amazing women of the past, its a pity that men did not treat them well in the past and women changed into monsters.

I mean look at society today, everything is down the drain. I've been with many girls and tried to be good and respectable, in the end, they are immature little schoolgirls. They literally destroyed the distinction between men and women

• More from Guys
    6