Say you were in a relationship (engaged/married whatever) to a woman going gray, would you want/expect her to dye her hair?

• Yes of course
  • No it's not that important

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I think it'd definitely make her more attractive if she dyed it. If she didn't then unfortunately our sex life would probably begin to lack, and I'd become less affectionate.

But if she doesn't mind that... well it's up to her.

NOTE: I will dye my hair when it goes white (white, not grey - since I'm blonde). So it'd be nice if she returned the favor.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm... what's the backstory?
    If you are 18-24 years old, and you're asking about 40-year-olds in the comments, then... you must know someone who's having relationship issues because of this. Spill, girl! Details!

Honestly, with a man who would "expect" something like this, the relationship would end long, long before the woman's hair has a chance to turn gray.
    I mean... most men hardly even notice these kinds of gradual changes (especially when they're just beginning, which is what the wording of the question seems to suggest). Let alone actually complain about them, or "expect" the woman to do a certain thing.

• Haha someone I work with has a very controlling husband :/

• Well, I don't know if there's really a polite way to bring up something like this... but, she's about my age, and that's right around the start of "perimenopause" -- where hormone levels start (a) dropping, and (b) getting out of their normal equilibrium with each other.

If she is listless and stressed, and this is just one of many symptoms of a more general underlying loss of zest / dissatisfaction with life, then... she should get a comprehensive blood panel drawn. At the very least she should get her sex hormones drawn (estradiol/progesterone/testosterone/LH/FSH and their metabolites), to see whether there are any perimenopausal effects happening there.

Good luck to her. I hope her husband can be more supportive, too. He might have it in him -- he might just be feeding off *her* negativity, in one of those awful self-reinforcing cycles.

• Quite possibly.

What Guys Said 7

• Yes I would expect her to dye her hair. Now and then.. Looks matter man are visual.. But I will understand if she doesn't wants to dye..

• I am.
    Her hair colour is her choice.
    I didn't fall in love with her hair.
    Its colour is irrelevant to me.

• Yes, my grandma still does it, my mum as well. I'd definitely want her too, I'll do it too. But some girls like my girlfriend like silver soo.

• No, not really.

• I'd like it if she dyed her gray hair

• Not at all

• Yeah if she is going grey so young

• But say the woman is in her 40s then?

• I guess it would be up to her but I will still like to see it colored

• Ok thanks

What Girls Said 1

• I know I'd do it for my own benefit...
    But I guess it's normal for a dude to expect that if that's what you do when you're really young, but going grey.