Do you correct your friends bf/gf if they disrespect you?

My friend and I had a long conversation about this and disagreed. She believes her friends should tell her if her boyfriend is disrespectful in some way and she'll handle it. She believes it would keep the peace and she should be the sole person to confront him. I don't think so. I treat everyone the same no matter who they are and I will let someone know if they offended me (respectfully) in some way. No one gets a pass with me even if they are dating my friend. They're just another person like the rest of us.

What do you think? How would you handle that situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I think you should bring it up when someone disrespects you. It's about self-respect.

Most Helpful Girl

• Fuck yes. I'll do it in a nice way out of respect for my friend, but if they come at me sideways, it's gonna be on like flan. ✌️ ✌️ ✌️

What Guys Said 1

• If said guy disrespects me then yes I will be vocal to him and don't need permission from this guys girl. If he is dissing her , I will allow her a set amount of time to get her dog back on a leash before I say something myself

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't call them out in front of everyone but I would bring it up to my friend when we are alone