Another tinder nightmare! So confusing. Can anyone shed some light?

So I went out on a date with this guy that I met on Match back in March. We seemed to really hit it off, a lot of laughing, liked the same type of music, same hobbies etc. When we were on the date he looked at me at one point and said "you are so cool it is making me nervous" then later on in the date as I was leaving he said "you just bleed confidence don't you?". The second comment I didn't really take as a compliment but the first one I sort of did. Anyways I never ended up hearing back from him, so a month later I just sent a text to him like "I am bummed I never heard back from you but I wish you good luck in your search". No response. Well two months after that I saw him on tinder, curious I swiped right and of course we matched... since I was the last one to reach out I was not going to message him on tinder. I know he saw we were a match, anyways after three days he then unmatched me. Lol I am totally lost on this one. Maybe he swiped me by mistake? But why then not unmatch me right away?

Most Helpful Guy

• Who cares? It's over move on. Forget about this guy. The reason why he never contacted you back is irrelevant.

• Well I had forgotten about him until the whole matching on tinder thing and I guess it just got me second guessing myself. Human nature I would say to wonder.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course you know this is not going well? You only went on one date, and he might have liked the person you are but something happened or he did not feel any chemistry. Those two things are compliments but aren't necessarily screaming, "I like you so much". He may have swiped you around the time you were talking to him and before you went out, not sure how Tinder works and if swipes last that long. No matter what happened he clearly is not interested in talking either way though, so try not to overthink it and continue moving on.

• no the tinder is only a week old so he would have had to have done it within this week. either way you are right! I was just curious I guess as to his motivation behind doing it. lol but I am a science major so over analyzing things is just unfortunately in my nature.

What Guys Said 3

• No idea, maybe he waited for you to say hi first

• nightmare? why are you dramatic, just move on.

• More for the theatrics of the post really! :) not an actual nightmare just a mixed signals type of deal

• thats not worth your time in my opinion. if they dont know what they want or just toying around (hence the mixed signals) then i would move on to greener pastures.

• Amen!:) thanks for the advice

• Over confident girls is usually not a good sign in a guys mind. However stupid it sounds. Even me, confident girls I can deal with, but if their confidence is greater then mine then uh oh...

• Yeah I am definitely one to hold myself with confidence... very talkitive, outgoing. So that could be it. I am tall too, 5'9" and I usually wear heels so I don't know maybe the whole combo. Not going to tone it down though because I am not rude or mean or obnoxious. I just need someone more outgoing than me I suppose. Thanks for the advice :)

What Girls Said 2

• Let it go

• Doesn't matter. He isn't interested. It's been months, move on. Perhaps he felt you were clingy/obsessive?

• Could be but I only ever texted him once after we went on the initial date and that was a week later. Short and sweet! So if that is clingy then man I really am at a loss. Lol thanks for the opinion. Letting it go! :)