Does anyone agree that letting your emotions show actually makes you a stronger person?

In the early stages of dating, girls are told to hold in their emotions, and to not act too interested. We're supposed to hold back any feelings we start to get. But does anyone think that the ones who let all feelings show are actually strong because of it?

How much emotion is too much to express in the early stages of dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends, I don't think you should let them be in charge.

Someone once described the human brain as being like a that of a lizard with a horse stuck on top and the primate parts on top of that.

Your most basic emotions come from the reptile part, fear, lust. The horse part has the more complex emotions, love, empathy & etc.

You ought to use your primate brain to train the other parts. Not suppress them, they need care and feeding but you don't let them do whatever they like. Give them a run when it's appropriate by all means but don't let the horse do whatever it wants, much less the reptile.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think there is a difference between being in touch with your feelings and just letting them all out. When I first started dating my boyfriend I did show him that I cared but I also made sure to take things slow and remain in control of my emotions. It's very easy for people to get swept away by the force of their emotions and that blind you and make a relationship too intense is a short period of time. I definitely don't advocate hiding your emotions or shutting people out but you also shouldn't let emotion rule you.

What Guys Said 8

• Emotions aren't good or bad, they just depend on the context.

If you're been dating someone for several months and you never show any emotion to let the other person know you care, that's bad.

If you're on a first date and you're already falling in love it makes you look like you're desperate.

• It can make you stronger in terms of being ok with yourself and whatever ia happenening, and it shows you can ask for help if you want. Shows you are not fake

• yea you're supposed to keep yourself in check because you don't know the person you have feelings for very well.

• Depends on what your emotions are.

• As a man, it shows weakness, which invites aggression.

• I have a really mixed opinion on this one.

• Elaborate?

• Sorry. I took so long. I think it depends on the partner. some people will always. see. emotions as a weakness. With them its not wise to show emotions. But there are people who will be sensitive to your feelings. And it will be a lot better if you show your feelings to them. I dint think any one makes someone stronger or weaker. And i guess , at the end of the day, we all want a person we can share our emotions with

• I don't believe that showing your emotions makes you any weaker or stronger.

• No it makes you look weak. Letting your emotions show as a man shows you let the person trigger something in you enough to cause you to go from using logic to looking at things from an emotional point of view which is always a shitty way to look at things.

LOGIC >>>> EMOTIONS. ALWAYS HAS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN. Hence Men >>>Women and the ones who lead relationship, families, and countries.

What Girls Said 5

• I think most men are attracted to women who at least somewhat show their emotions. It is a very feminine trait. It shows that you trust him enough with how you feel to tell / show him. Most guys are going to be very flattered by that. However, you don't want to show all of your emotions until you get a good idea of how trustworthy he really is. I think it needs to be gradual, showing a little vulnerability at first, and then opening up more when / if it seems clear that he is worthy of you trusting him with your feelings. After all, how can anyone ever fall in love without their emotions being involved? I think it's also more about showing that you can CONTROL / deal with your emotions, as opposed to being an emotional basketcase.

• I think it depends. Like, you should just let the person know up front what you want. Don't play games. I don't think it's about being stronger or weaker.

• I think we all have some degree of emotional"scars" so we have a tendency to come off over emotional/clingy/needy/desperate. But I'm learning ta say who the Hell cares? Some people get married a week after meeting each other. And the right ones stay in your life. Every person is different. You're allowed to have emotions, and at the pace you feel fits. You just have to be willing to step back and see what's driving those emotions. And if you accept it, continue on your merry way.

• yes they are. Much stronger..

• Sometimes if you do it the right way at right time and right person O. o