SOS!! Does race really matter?

I met this guy, he seems like a dream. I'm African American and he's white. Where I'm from mixed couples aren't that common and I'm not sure if he's really attracted to me. He's asked me out in a friendly way to go eat with him and a friend before and he invites me to places constantly. The other day he asked me to massage him, then once I did he said it was great and I'm the best. When he sees his friend flirting with me he tells his friend it's annoying. Not in a "she's mine" kinda way but in a "you're always flirting with her". jealousy maybe? But anyways he talks about me when I'm not around and gives me compliments here and there and has offered to take me home even though I see it as a bother. He's got to be the most charming guy I've ever met. I'm not sure if it's friendly or if he has a crush. HELP!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm half and half so to me know all that matters is whether you love them or not ya know

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you find his white skin intimidating?

What Guys Said 7

• no race doesn't matter , and it seems to like you and it could be a crush but i would wait to see if he drops any hints of wanting to be more. because reading to much into a guy being nice could be awkward for him or you. you should just hang out with hm and enjoy the time till you know for sure.

he could be crushing on you but just make sure he is before you do anything sudden maybe drop a subtle hint and if he does have a crush he might respond to any subtle thing you say or do that suggests you like him.

• It depends on what race you are talking about. A white woman will have a very good chance with a black man because black men just LOVE white women. Latinas definitely have a great chance with many race of men as well, particularly black men. Look at the music videos. Asian women aren't so shabby either.

Now for reverse, unfortunately for whatever stupid reason, black women are not so popular among black men anymore. Almost every race of women like white men. More white and Latinas women like black men now. It's Asian men that suffer a lot.

To finally answer your question, race actually does matter more than we think.

• To me race doesn't matter but I can't speak for others

• from what you've described, I'm 99.99% sure he likes you.

• It does to me.

• stick to your own race and be happy.

• & you can stick to being close minded and ignorant. Have a blessed day:-)

• No You Should Be Proud Of Who You Are And Others Should Be More Excepting Of You !

What Girls Said 8

• No, race doesn't matter.
    It seems like he's interested in you. Maybe you should spend more time with him and see how everything goes. If he admits that he likes you.

Good luck :)

• I think he likes you:)

• Hey, if my great grandparents were total opposites of the race spectrum, then it is possible for you two to date. Plus, it sounds like he likes you.

• Maybe encourage it some if you want to, sounds like there's a chance there

• Guys aren't as hung up on race as women I've noticed

• Race matters when it comes to dick size

• I am 102% sure he likes uuu

• Black guys would die to have a white girl lol