How to make friends with benefits work?

And how to not get emotionally attached? Any advice?

0|0
4|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Pick someone who isn't that attractive who also has a personality that reulses you.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) Pick someone you know you can't have any future with. Maybe he's too different, you guys don't click, or he's moving away/there on vacation.

2) Keep it simple. Hang out and have sex, but don't go out on dates, introduce him to your family, or share all your personal thoughts and feelings.

3) Don't stay with the same person for more than 3-4 months.

4) If you're not exclusive, multiple friends with benefits or just causally dating helps you not get attached to any one person. See another guy or guys too.

5) End it if you start feeling emotionally attached, or you think he's developing feelings.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• You can't that's why these are never advised

0|0
    0|0
  • find some one who is experienced with it , finding someonr new to it might get to emotional and they get attached when you dont want anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • it doesn't, trust me

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• i've only been in one friends with benefits situation and never caught feelings, though i think that's because of the circumstances under which we became fwbs.

(at one point, i thought i had caught feelings. but the truth was that i was just projecting what i wanted onto this person... and that's when i knew i was ready to move on.)

0|0
    0|0
  • I have had 5 fwbs in different times, caught feelings for the first 4 and just plain fab witht he last one. So my conclusion is friends with benefits is something need to be trained and practice lol if you are in doubt in starting a friends with benefits relationship, u better think deeper, 9 out of 10 friends with benefits won't work especially you are girl and we have to admit we are different from guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why dont you negotiate your boundaries with him but really it is unrealistic to think this arrangement could work and assume that other person won't develop feelings in time.

0|0
    0|0