Isn't it natural to grow attached?

I'm having a hard time understanding my current situation. I have been friends with benefits with someone on and off for about a year now... At first I went into the arrangement with zero feelings but I ended up getting really attached. I have had other friends with benefits before and not had this happen and I've pinpointed the difference in this one: He and I are too involved. We go out for dinner, drinks, I spend the night, we cuddle and we have deep conversations. I usually see him once a week and the sex is very passionate. Lots of kissing, looking into each other's eyes, ext. within the past few months he has started to call me babe, sweetie and i just don't understand how I am the only party who feels the way that I do. How can someone be so consistently intimate emotionally and physically and supposedly not feel anything? I know I'm a woman but isn't it a natural human reaction to grow attached?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you'd be quite human if you didn't, not what I'd call human anyway but you can feel attached without feeling need. Maybe that's what you have trouble conceiving. I wouldn't have sex with a woman if I didn't like and feel attached to her but I could always leave or be left without it upsetting me too much. What women don't seem to get it this isn't a matter of not being devoted or even committed. I would take a bullet for my girl without hesitation but I could still leave and not be too upset. I don't think this is all that unusual for men.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it's natural.

What Guys Said 2

• It depends on the guy; many guys may have an itch for emotional moments. They will exhibit some of it and essentially get out of their system before becoming stoic once again

• maybe he have some feelings for you too and isn't showing you

What Girls Said 0