So do you think its ok for a 14 year old to date a 16 year old?

So Im 14 and I found out that this guy I have liked for while likes me back, we went to camp together and there we flirted like crazy and thats where I got to know him and like him, then when camp ended I was sad cause I knw that was the end, but then he asked for my number from one of my friends, now we text every night for hours and he's told he he likes me.

the problem is he's 16 and Im 14, most people in my community are extremely judgmental and I'm scared that they will get really pissed, also since he's the older one he will probably get blamed and I dont want to put that onto him.
Is it ok for a 14 year old to date a 16 year old?

Most Helpful Guy

• 14-16 is fine

• Thank you for your opinion :D

• you're WAYYYY to young for that. My little brother just turned 16... i'll whoop his ass if he goes around playin tough with girls. So I agree with you, hope he has his priorities straight.

• Hahahh I agree but where I lie people have sex at 13 or 14, from all of my friends Im the last virgin standing, a big bright target for guys :D

Most Helpful Girl

• There was this thing like "Take half of your age and add 7. Thats the youngest you should date."

So since I'm 16, half of 16=8, 8+7=15.

15 should be the youngest to date.

• Ohh o thats really helpful thanks :D

What Guys Said 5

• As long as you don't do anything until you're legal too...

Tbh if I was 16 I would never date a 14 year old.. Too you g

• Hahha in the community I lie in the average age to lose your virginity is 14, I think Ill wait a while but doing things is very common :)

• Hahah I used to live in the uk, just moved to India though, Im not sure about the law here, but he completely understands I dont want to have sex yet :)

• Well, If you're both comfortable with that, Credit to ya, Wish you guys the best.

• sure why not.

• thankss for commenting :D

• yes its fine

• Yes.

• thans for your opinion :)

• Yeah nothing wrong with it...

Just be safe...

What Girls Said 8

• I've seen a 21 year old kiss a 13 year old in a movie. It made me cringe and was totally against. I don't know how the filming crew or the actors were okay with it :/ Anyway, to answer your question: after what I've seen, I'll say it's fine for you to be with a 16 year old, just remember to not attempt to do anything sexual because you are way too young. Also keep in mind that when you're a young teenager, the closer to your age the better.

• thanks a lot for your advice, so far yours has most definitely been the most helpful and detailed, yes he treats me like princess and fully understands, I am for sure not losing my virginity before 16 :D

• Eh, I think it's pushing it a little.

• thanks for your opinion :D

• Yeah it's all right.

• thxxx for your opinion :)

• Hahah yes, I totally agree, but he's very sweet and completely understands :)

• Sure why not. I

• I don't see anything wrong with that

• It's fine, just don't have sex.

• Thanks for your advice :D

• It's alright. I'll be 16 this year and my crush is 14.

• Thxxxx for answering :D

• I think it is perfectly fine my boyfriend is 16 and I'm 14

• Hahahha ok thanksss :D