Girls, have you ever started to like a guy after you've rejected him?

If a guy has asked you out and you have shot him down, have you ever at some point started to feel for him? What happened? Why did you reject him in the first place and what made you start to like him later on?

19

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes but the ONLY reason I rejected him was because I had just broke up with someone and just wanted to be alone. I was hurting and didn't feel it was the best time to date someone. He was cute, had a great personality and we had amazing chemistry. I didn't start to like him "later on", I always liked him even before I shot him down but it was just bad timing. I've never regret rejecting a guy for other reasons besides that. Was gonna hit him up recently but he has a girlfriend now I believe so I decided not to contact him. -sigh-

What Girls Said 18

• Yep, happened many times actually lol. It's usually because I was interested in someone else at the time, not because I didn't like him. So when it wouldn't work out with the other guy, often look back and think of "what if". Sometimes I even reach out.

• Well there was this guy. I met him at a party and we made out. He kept talking to me every day for about two weeks and insisted on us meeting but i was kinda scared of being seen as a slut or something like so i kept my distance. He got sick and i felt bad for him so i visited him once and brought food. Only once. After that i realised that we didn't really have many things in common and that he probably just wanted a fling or a girl to make out with. I felt sad so I blocked him since i didn't see him very often. After that he saw me at a club with my friends, went and talked to them but not with me. Later on, we saw each other at the beach and while my friends wen and talked to him i just smiled and waved him to say hi from a distance. He told my friends that i was being mean for not talking to him. Ever since that day something changed in me and i started to think what would it have been like if i didn't back up from him. I saw him yesterday again, since i changed my hair color he didn't realise it was me... Still i think i like him and want for us to talk again. I was too scared of being used but honestly i didn't give it enough time. So yeah, that happens to us girls.

• No but i be rejected guys I like and regretted it more as time went on and sometimes tried to remedy things. So no doubt it could ahem looked to him I changed my feelings after the fact but not the case.

• No, never happened to me. Once I reject someone I usually don't think about that person at all anymore tbh..

• Haven't rejected anyone since 6th grade but we were 12 then. A year and a half later ended up dating him for 2 days (you know middle school) I think it was one of those "this isn't the right time" kind of deals.

• Lol yea. But, I got over it.

• No, hasn't happened.

• ehh kind of. There was a super attractive senior baseball player who was going to med school interested in me as a freshman and I didn't "feel it" with him (this was in college). He's really successful now. A really good guy. I passed on a good one

• Yeah that happened to me. I started dating this guy because he liked me and I wanted to get to know him. I ended up not really liking him and my friend persuaded me to dump him. (She's a bitch not friends with her 😆) then he basically moved on and I started reallyyyyy liking him after its weird I don't know why.

• Nope, can't say that I have.

• No I have not

• Never.
    ie: My first reaction to men doesn't change.

• Manytimes.

• No, this hasn't ever happened to me.

• No. He was rejected for a reason. That hasn't changed

• yes.
    im slower to develop feelings.
    met a guy and he kissed me and i told him i was seeing someone else because i was didn't see him again until i was single and we started casually hanging out and hooking up but when he wanted committment i said no because i didn't want it at the time. then he and i seperated and i started to miss him and thats when i realized what we had was amazing and i was blind. by the time i reached out to him he had a new girlfriend so I've been distancing myself out of respect and never told him about my feelings

• No,
    I have gone out mostly one or two dates.
    I unusually know after the 1st date... its usually there is no attraction. attration is a strange thing.
    There have been occasions i gave a second date... still no
    one guy, 4th date and by then still no.
    maybe i am too picky.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more