Is it hard to meet someone WITHOUT kids?

I'm a 29 year old female. College grad, career girl, workaholic. People always tell me I'm very beautiful, that I look like I'm 22/23 years old, shocked that I'm almost 30 and haven't had kids. Almost like..."how did you make it to 29 without getting pregnant?" someone literally asked me that once. It's called birth control and safe sex... not that hard. I never wanted a kid out of wedlock, and in this day in age it's hard meeting a guy that doesn't have kids. I just want someone to settle down with who doesn't have kids because I want us to both experience being first-time parents together. And I would feel awkward being a step mom to another child. So... do you think it's rare to find a 28-32 years old man/woman who doesn't have kids? Is it unrealistic these days?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah it is, it's basically almost impossible. I've accepted the fact that I'm gonna' be dating women with kids.

Here's what I've learned. Get closer to wealthy areas where housing is expensive and sqft is small... you'll see people like yourself, 30-40 w/ no kids. So im talking beach communities, City centers etc. If you live in an area (suburb community) that's strongly Christian even more difficult. They get married and have kids pretty young. I live in DT San Diego... all of my neighbors are my age or older, never married and childless. I drive back home and 20-23 y/o are having their 3rd kid.

Really depends on where you live. This should be an issue. You made this sacrifice, you know what you were getting into waiting to have kids. I mean your still young and can have kids, you have time.

What Guys Said 11

• I don't know the statistics. I just know that by the time I was in my 30s I pretty much just accepted than anyone I dated would probably have kids and/or be divorced. There are still large numbers of guys out there without kids, but as a percent it's going to be decreasing as time goes by. If you dig into it you could probably find some actual numbers.

You still have plenty of time. No need to rush it, but you don't have forever either.

• "It's called birth control and safe sex... not that hard."

Yes this! Seriously. Believe it or not I have had numerous arguments with a few women on this issue.

I'm 36 and don't have kids, about half my friends also do not have kids, they vary in age from about 30 to 50, all great guys, nothing like creepy about them or what ever. So from my experience it's not uncommon but a guy who makes it into his 30's unmarried without kids is VERY unlikely to end up married or with kids though.

It's not impossible though just unlikely. I've never wanted kids but with the right woman I'd be happy to have them, the problem is, if I was ever going to find that woman it would likely have happened by now, this is kinda the situation you are finding your self in or will soon anyway.

• Did you know that it is a proven fact that birth control isn't 100% effect. That is where condoms and possibly shots (its apparently more effective then consuming birth control) come into play.

• Lol its funny though because I never actually sought this info out... I just kind of heard things. I am a pretty observant person. Plus I read a lot... I often stumbled on things in the past while doing reading and I still do...

• @Peanutbutternut Well that's good/lucky for you then :) maybe your just a smarter/more curious person than most or something. I specifically looked it up when I decided I was going to start having sex.

• At your age on up its going to get harder and harder

• Its pretty hard around here most days, but then again im in a fairly rural, and conservative area.

Your point on making it to 30 without having a kid is something I've often said, its almost like you have to try to reproduce. I dont see whats to hard about contraception.

• No it's not unrealistic. You're perfectly right to want a fresh start with the right man. It's hard for a man to find a woman without kids. I'll be damned if I'm
    cleaning up a bad boy's mess or taking his sloppy seconds.

• Ugly truth is you're starting to get kind of old. You have 5 or 6 years to meet the man you're going to marry, get married, then actually have kids.

That could be plenty enough time if you met your husband like, tomorrow.

• Women can still have kids past 35, dude...

• Hahaha winning!

• no problem roastie, guess you shouldn't post on the internet if you don't want to hear people's opinons

• more realistic than before

• I dont think its unrealistic to ask for these things! But I do think you will only find that specific type of person in a place only that type of person wants to be found!

• At your age there's still a bunch of guys without kids, I guess it depends on where you live.

• Plenty of guys don't have kids that age range. Also keep your options open to younger guys. I started to see a 29 year old woman once and she told me she would of never dated me had it been for my maturity and so on.

• what are your beliefs
    what are your goals
    and are you attractive (pic)

my brother is attractive
    single
    around your same age
    doesn't have kids
    decent job
    decent car
    etc

What Girls Said 8

• I've met 30 year-old guys who don't have kids. It's a little too much of an age gap for me, but they exist.

• My brother is 32, no kids never dated

• It's really hard lol, but luckily, most guys don't have any kids over the age of 4 and they seem to only have one kid.

• I date older men and never care because I refuse to meet their children and refuse to be that involved in anyone's life.

• Nope, I've been with childless 28-29 year olds. They're very common. Just gotta fish in the right pond.

• I think the older you are it certainly gets harder yeah.

• Depend on the age range you are dating

• Most of the 28-30 year olds I know, I know from university. Meaning they're still in uni and still going to the parties. None of those have kids, but I don't think someone like you (who has everything together and is ready for commitment) would want to date one of them.