Girls, did I offend her with these words?

I told her that I should be the only one to own her and no other guy, that she should only be mine. And we're not yet in a relationship but we are getting there already. She didn't like it. why?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• That is super possesive, actually.

I would reccomend you to allow her to see other guys gives you the space to see other girls. This means you go out, flirt and play, make out, muck around, and not even think twice about getting in trouble.

It means she’ll be far less needy and demanding. You’ll have more freedom to do what you want, when you want, and be able to see her when you want to, rather than when she calls.

Wishing you the best of luck.

What Girls Said 21

• You sounded like you were trying to possess her as if she was someone else's property. She feels like she is already tied down or being held back by someone else, and that she can't do what she please; and ya are not even in a relationship. You cannot talk to someone like that, and think it's okay.

• Cause that sounds super possessive
    If someone said that to me I would leave them and never look back. I get that some people find that sweet but I personally need my space.

• You dont own a woman you ARE in a relationship with, let alone one you aren't yet in one. It just screams that you are a possessive psychopath.

• Because you're not dating yet, you gotta save that for when you're a few months in.

• why? probably because most people don't like being treated as property lmao

• Because nobody owns anyone
    You told her you owned her I wouldn't like it either if I guy told me that
    I would seriously slap that guy and tell her to fuck off
    Your not in a relationship but your getting there? Makes no sense at all she's confused really like me

• Wow is that bossy! You are so self-centered that I would break up with you. You're not offering a relationship but you want ownership. Your putz. And if you don't want know what that means Google Yiddish and then putz

• Cuz she's not your property and you sound kinda crazy when you are not even in a committed relationship

• Yep. What a mistake. I said sorry but i think it wasn't enough. coz you help me

• That's really a tough one to recover from. Apologize and explain to her that you really like her and that you're afraid of loosing her it sounds way better than putting the pressure on her

• Well, actually I think love shouln't be based on who owns the other but rather on being two different people that love each other. Love should be based on freedom and happiness not jealousy and possessiveness (hope this is a word)

• That's tooooo controlling.

• because you sound possesive, that's why. And i would dumb a guy imediately if he said something like that to me.

• Own her? Who the hell are you to own anyone? Lol

• I hope she is smart enough not to date you

• She probably didn't like the fact that you said you would "own her". She might want to be with you but not under your complete control. I'm sure you didn't mean it in a bad way.

• Nothing appropriate about what you said. She isn't property. If you all are in a relationship, married IDC no one is ever spoken to that way.

• Well, you don't tell girl that "you own her". It's not appropriate. ESPECIALLY since you and her aren't even in a relationship yet. And she's not "yours". She is her own self. She likes you, just not the words you used. Find a new way of saying things to her, or she will just keep pushing you away.

• no one wants to be owned and yes you offended her and she may not want to be with you now

• If we are not in a relationship, I do think something is wrong with him.

• Yeah it's creepy to many girls and it turns them off. Especially, if you two aren't dating yet. But, personally i find that so cute and i would be happy if a guy treated me that way or doesn't want other guys to "steal me" but maybe it's cause im single right now and need some kind of attention lmfaooo!

• I think the word "own" was what could have thrown her.

• I just went through this with a guy, I thought his want for me to be only his was sweet, but I found it controlling. Maybe thats why