Would you date a man if his home was unclean?

I recently dated a guy and when I went to his home discovered it was rather unclean. Dusty furniture, dirty skirting.
I spent the wk end and his shower/ ensuite looked like it had never been cleaned. Also I noticed a vast amount of baby wipes. He has no kids? Would this suggest he uses them instead of washing.
I know men can be lazy and that's not a issue for me but would you think that if he hadn't even tried to freshen his shower up then that lacks effort?

Most Helpful Guy

• I probably wouldn't but I would first find out the reason. I mean, it could be an exam period/ hard work period and he just hasn't had the time or energy yet to clean it.

• I only now noticed that the question was about dating a man, not a woman lol

Most Helpful Girl

• As for whether he uses the baby wipes to clean himself instead of a shower, I can not answer that. You are in a better position to answer whether the guy you are dating has poor hygiene or not. lol!

As for the being unclean, your question reminded me of something I wondered when I got back into the dating pool. I was in my early thirties and dating men of similar age or older and I wondered the same thing.

I went to a guy's place and it was like a dorm room and he was about forty. lol! I thought, is this what it is going to be like to date men my age? Do they not care about their place when they are single?

I asked this question to guys of that age and the conclusion was a few naturally care about their place but most don't. The exception being, once men owned a place then they started "nesting" or caring about it's appearance.

I would not rule him out for a messing bathroom. If he does not shower, sure - rule him out. But if he does not clean or dust, I can't really tell if this is good or bad, it may just be. And it may just be until he is with someone or owns his own place.

What Guys Said 1

• Absolutely not! Also, I would not date a man whose home is clean, either.

What Girls Said 6

• An unclean living environment is a huge turn off for me. Especially if the bathroom, the room where people are meant to get clean, is unclean.

• Haha my boyfriend is pretty unclean, so I guess yes I would. But I'm waiting til we're together longer before I start cleaning his house :P

• That would bother me

• I would have told him to clean up and I would offer to help just this once and find out why it was such a mess and if he did not have a good reason I would say good bye

• I would have been waving goodbye.

• I wouldn't date him that's a big turn off and gross