Short girls have it harder with tall guys?

I have insecurities with my height. I'm 5'4 and a male friend of mine have told me that tall guys love tall women and that I should lower my standards because I'm short and none of his girlfriends was under 5'7. Is it true that shorter girls with this height are less desirable?

Most Helpful Girl

• So i've never encountered this. First of all, you're not short so stop with that. I'm an inch shorter than you and I'm considered "average".

Secondly, tall men tend to prefer shorter women. Most of my exes were larger than 5'10. They had zero interest in tall women. I tend to prefer shorter men. You know. Because geometry. But tall men trail after me constantly.

Tallness in females is a weird thing that society tells you is supposed to be ideal. But actually femaleness is typically defined by smaller stature and more delicate features. Smallness is delicate. I'm not saying it's right or it's not totally stupid. I'm merely telling you how the world thinks.

What Guys Said 23

• Oh sweetie, don't think into that to much, his opinion, he stated. You? must remember this. Every person is different and has different tastes. That simple. I mean your question asks, is he right? Well yes he is very right., for HIM and his views and people he hangs out with.
    I can help by giving a different stance on it. I myself am not just tall, as I am 6"6 and most of my male friends happen to be over 6"0. Me? I personally love, let repeat, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, short woman. haha and some of my friends who are considered tall do as well.
    just remember it is all preference of that individual person.

• There's no existing correlation between male height and height preference in females.

• That's not true, I think most of us don't have much height preferences, and even so, 5'4' isn't really that short lol thats like the lower end of medium in my opinion

• Hahahahahahahaha your friend is an idiot
    Short girls are like instant boners

• The air is different up here. Short people may envy or look up to (pardon the pun) tall people (6feet & up) but it's not as cool as it's made out to be.
    The sex may be good but the height difference is just NOT practical in all situations... like dancing for example. I could go into a lot of hassles of being tall that are only compounded by being with a short partner... But just for the record, there's my reason. Not bias to be predjudice, just more compatible with someone closer in height.

• well i dont find short girls that much of a turn on, but nether i find them a turn off, they 're average

• No I wouldn't think so. I'm tall and I don't care about a girls height. I have many guy friends who are tall as well and they don't care either.

• If anything tall girls have it harder. If a girl is 6'0" she's going to have to find a man over 6ft and most men are actually under 6ft.

• 5'6 is the preferred height for most guys I think you'll be fine. It could be a lot worse I'm 5'4.

• also my 6'3 friend goes out with someone who's 5'5 and one of my friends brothers is 6'10 and he goes out with someone is 5'1 so there's a lot of possibility.

• Why would it be lowering your standards to not date a guy who is much, much taller than you?

• I don't know why,... because I don't satisfy height criteria

• But what's wrong with a guy who's "only" a couple of inches taller than you?

• Nothing, I just love when he is like 5'10.. becouse i fell protected and it is special felling while hugging and stuff

• I'm 6'5" and don't care about her height

• how long is your penis?

• fuck you I'm starting to think you have no dick.

• @Josht11 busted 😱

• Your guy friend like amazon women with penises, we're not all like him...

• Well I'm 6'9" and I could date you 😝

• i can't speak for all men but for me the short girls are the best

• i love just love girls shorter or equal to me.
    like avemost all the mens do.
    im 1.8 meters tall

• No not really, being short isn't bad for a girl

• Men don't care about height the way women do.

• Oh my... As a short man standing at 5'7-5'8 I would gladly date short or tall women...

• Less desirable to super tall guys? yeah.
    However, girls your height are even MORE desirable to guys who are below average in height - if that's any consolation.

But if you are one of those stuck up girls who demand guys who are so tall that it's not even necessary, then unfortunately I have no good news to offer you.

• Why does he have to be tall. Why can't you go for 5'9-510

• 5'10 is ideal, that friend is 5'11 and dosn't like my height and says most guys don't

• I am 5'9, I think 5'4 is a great height for a girl. Would you make a big deal if a guy missed your ideal height by 1 inch?

• Not necessarily less desirable but harder to have a relationship with. I'm only 5'11" so I'm not crazy tall but I'm the shortest guy in my family and I've noticed that most guys don't like dating people who are more than like half a foot shorter than them. I remember I used to have to bend down to hug certain girls and imaging doing that on a daily basis seems kind of frustrating. So I wouldn't say being short is less attractive but for a tall guy it is kind of an extra issue he'd have to learn how to deal with.

• Im over 6ft and my girlfriend is less than 5 ft tall.

• Guys don't care about height like woman do.

What Girls Said 13

• I've had only tall bf's.
    I'm also that height... or maybe an inch shorter - 162cm...
    So yeah, tall men love short women a lot - not all, of course, but A LOT of them. They like to dominate and throw us around and carry us...
    The dudes who said this to you are probably jealous you don't like shorter dudes. Are they shorter than 185cm? Then you have your answer...

• No, he is exactly 185cm hahah He says most guys like tall women and that I should find exeption who likes short.

• Just forget what he's saying... he's a rear life troll.

• Even if he IS your 'friend'...

• Because a tall guy loves tall girls doesn't mean he won't find shorter women attractive. Most men don't put as much emphasis on height, it's really a women thing.

Plus 5'4" isn't that short.

• Come on, with your height you can date almost any guy you want. Some short guys are haaawt and I'd never date them because I'd be taller than them. Though I do like my height (5'7"), I don't think it's harder for shorter girls lol. On the contrary.

• Your male friend is an a-hole. You lower your standards for no one! Why would something you can't control, like height, be a dealbreaker for a guy who is right for you? I'm a 4'11" girl in a healthy, happy relationship with a 6'1" guy. He likes my small stature because I'm easier to cuddle. ;)

The fact that he weighs so heavily on height shows that he's focused too much on the wrong things in a relationship.

• height is a deal breaker for many people and it's pretty obvious when her idea of lowering standards is going after shorter guys.

• As a tall girl, I assure you the opposite tends to hold true. Most guys in general prefer short girls.

• No i find that there's some tall guys (like 6'4" and so) who basically have a short girl fetish lol but then you're probably already too tall for those bc I believe they wouldn't date anyone over 5' 😂
    But why do you want a tall guy so bad? Is it not good enough as long as he's just taller than you?

• When I say tall guy, I mean 5'10.. someone who is tall for me

• I find them more attractive and there is no such filling as tall guy hugging you :)

• Lol ok, all a matter of preference I guess - and I don't think you'll have problems finding someone that height at 5'4" so don't listen to your friend ;)

• forreal? I've never heard of this in my life. #generalisation623

• Lol no. I'm 5'2" and I've never dated a guy less than 5'11". My last two ex's were 6'2" and 6'. They thought my height was adorable. Doesn't sound like a friend to me if he would tell you something like that. He sounds more like an ass.

• Meh.

Sometimes, but not always. Remember, everyone is different.

:\

• T. T im sad now.. im wayy shorter than u. But i think some of the tall guys dont mind that. :D so u will find someone tall too XD

• Honey, tall boys just don't want the back problems that very short women will give them.

• So true 😂😂😂

• You do not know anything about me. The generation now doesn't get married now they just shack up and have babies by different men

• @Rissyanne they do get married, they just get married later, which, incidentally, decreases the rate of divorce.

• Not really. I am a 5'2 piece of shit and I've only been approached by really tall men, even though I am open to date anyone taller than me.

• No it's not true. I'm 5'4 as well and I've only ever dated tall guys. Most of them were 6'3-6'6. My ex was 6'4. The shortest guy I've even been on a date with was 6'1. I've never had a problem with attracting tall guys. Tall guys approach me and initiate contact on dating sites just as much as shorter guys do.

• I don't understand then where all these stories about tall guys loving tall girls most are coming from?

• I don't know. Maybe some myth spread by bitter men or something.