Should I be embarrassed over this situation?

My boyfriend is a little private about his phone.. he will turn it away or stand behind me or leave the room when he even so much as looks at his phone. He never has it open around me.. to me this seems suspicious and I'm very cautious of guys talking to other girls behind my back.. I've told him this many times. So tonight we were drinking with a group of friends and he kept walking away to use his phone. Then one time, I walked up behind him and saw he was texting a girl. I sorta got a little mad.. I told my friend, a mutual friend of ours, what I saw and she asked him about it. Turns out it was his cousin. I know I probably should have asked him first before getting upset, but let's say he has a history of unfaithfulness and is always so sneaky about his phone so I automatically assumed the worst.. also I just recently started dating a few weeks him so I haven't really met family yet, so there was really no way for me to know. And it's not like I made a big scene or anything. I just simply walked away, asked my friend if she knew who Jessica was, and left it at that. Then she took it upon herself to ask him when I was just gonna let it go til a later time and ask who it was.. also I was sorta drunk so...

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol that guy sounds full of it. No one does that unless they have something to hide and I am 99% sure that wasn't his cousin.

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't be embarrassed it's super suspicious for him to leave the room every time he uses his phone or to turn the screen. And LOL are you sure it was his cousin? I've heard that lie many times. i bet if you left the room everytime you got a text he'd think you were cheating on him.

• Yes I'm sure it was his cousin.. he showed me a text from her asking him "how's my favorite cousin?".

• Its still suspicious that he hides everything.

What Guys Said 2

• No you have a right to be suspicious if he is secretive... Nothing to hide, no need to be secretive

• it was embarrassing.

What Girls Said 2

• I dated 2guys in my life who always hid their phone. It drove me crazy. I never gave then any reason for him to do it, they just did. You'd think I would've learned the first time (he ended up cheating on me and I never talked to him again). This last time I just couldn't take it anymore and it caused other issues in me like insecurity. It may not have been anything but I learned my behavior from the first guy. So, now if a guy ever does that again, I won't trust him and I'm gonna bail ASAP.

• And I don't mean to imply he has to show me everything he does on his phone. It's the hiding behaviors that I can't deal with. I have nothing to hide so my phone is usually out and visible. I don't leave the room to text or for a call.

• Talking to hot gurls huh