Why do you think friends don't risk getting together more often? Why can't they just make a pact to say, if it doesn't work out, we stay friends?

I forgot to explain further, by get together I mean start dating and have a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not always easy to stay friends after a break up. Not close friends, at least. The friendship is forever changed, and might not be as good or deep as it once was. It can be worth the risk, though, if you like each other. If it does work, it can make your bond even stronger.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds good on paper like communism but the reality is it isn't possible

What Girls Said 2

• Why is this pact necessary? That's the definition of friendship. My best friend lives across the country and I see her maybe once a year, and we text maybe once every two weeks, if even. But we're friends. When I don't see my friends it's only because life comes up, but everyone understands and it doesn't undermine our friendship in any way.

• Personally I think because it would be awkward afterwards when they broke up

What Guys Said 0