Do girls find highly educated guys attractive?

If a guy has a master degree or a phd in science, engineering, mathematics, economics or any other challending field, do you consider that attractive?
Rule out the amount of money he makes.

Most Helpful Girl

• appealing, yes. but it doesn't make him attractive. looks do.

• I disagree, looks aren't the only thing that makes a person attractive. If I meet a gorgeous girl and find out she's a smoker or a racist I'll still consider her good-looking, yet not attractive.

• no, you didn't.

anyway, I used the word ugly the I did in quotes to make it obvious that it is an exaggeration. I don't consider anyone ugly. the point I was making is that simply being smarter doesn't erase bad looks/make an otherwise unattractive person suddenly appear attractive. I also never said I only go for drop dead gorgeous, or as you put it "handsome", men.

you asked if it being highly educated makes a guy attractive and I honestly answered: no.

• I also never claimed looks make up for anything. being handsome makes a guy handsome, nothing more.

Most Helpful Guy

• it depends what highly educated means too a girl
    doesn't it mean having a good job with good pay
    or doesn't it actually mean study and test
    cause I don't think girls see the difference

• Well I stated that money was to be ruled out. Ofc if a guy is a multi-millionaire business owner and never went to college it won't matter one bit.
      As far as what it means to be higher educated, I'd say having a masters or a phd in a challenging field like mathematics, physics, engineering etc.
      Me personally, I dont think people with degress in gender studies, liberal arts etc to have much to brag about.

• Where on earth did you study since you were taught lies.
      I cherish what I have been taught because it works. Whether I am working on a problem set or given certain tasks to complete at an internship I see that everything I've studied and have at my disposal comes in handy.
      So thats what it all comes to down to. If what you have been taught works and produces desired results you sure as hell didn't waste your time aquiring that knowledge

• when it comes to work of course it produces results
      but when it comes too truth that's a different thing
      I've always been a truth seeker

okay let me ask you a question I know it sounds crazy
      but can you prove too me the earth is a sphere without using, NASA, Military, or government

cause I have been asking this question a lot recently people either give up, or tell me im crazy
      here is the thing I want someone too prove me wrong cause at this point I don't know the shape of the earth

but based off what I've learned and what i can see it's not round and it is not spinning

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah, that's a plus.

• I do. I get turned on by information and hard studying.

• I know there are many types of intelligence but this is one of the kinds I am attracted to.

And it's just one of the things that make a person attractive.

And if the guy is an asshood it won't matter how smart he is. Intelligent and humble = sexy.

And I'm not attracted to money and esp not guys who think they are powerful or are trying to be. That blends into that whole idiotic sexist culture of domination... Major turn off.

I'm just responding to people's statements on my post so I can get it done at once. :-)

• does it make him more attractive? In a way his drive does. BUT i mean sometimes people with higher education are arrogant as hell. So thats not attractive.

• I dont think there is anything wrong with feeling good about yourself for what you have accomplished. But yes, if someone is highly educated and somehow think they are better than others, that person is a douchebag

• yessss!
    I look for intelligence and education in a guy. Reflects who he is as a person too - hardworking, ambitious...

• Definitely, at least for me.

• Will you marry me?

I think you know the answer to that.

• Hell yes. I have to have a boyfriend who can converse about a variety of topics. Intelligence will always be more attractive.

• Yes definitley

What Guys Said 2

• Money talks just remember money talks... many women are attracted to money, power and fame.

• You dont have to be highly educated to have a masters lol... For instance, I consider myself highly educated and have only got my first year in Engineering. I have travelled to many countries and met different people and cultures. THAT is what attract the ladies. Although im sure, a master helps lol