Why is it I can't choose who I date?

I told a friend of mine that I dont date black men. I am not attracted to them. She said I was racist. Now... so I am suppose to go out with a guy who I am not attracted to... just to prove that I am not racist. I think that is crazy. I know there are men who won't date overweight women... and that is their preference. Why can't I have one?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can certainly have a preference. Disregard what anyone else says and date who you want. Don't go out with that guy. It's your life.

What Guys Said 2

• You can date whoever you want don't worry about what your friends thinks

• it does make you racist but there's levels to racism.

• So I dont get to choose? So you would go out with anyone? You are young... so I guess I should say you should go out with women in their 60s for example.

• you gave no reasons at all so yes they aren't legit because at the moment you have none. if you decide to give them then maybe youd have a point but you dont other than "i dont like black men". thats not a reason thats a statement.

• I dont owe you anything. Why would I have to explain myself to you. Do you think that you should have that right? You are crazy.

What Girls Said 2

• Um you can choose who you want to date. Thats why its called a preference lol

• Dont listen to her. You are not racist because you dont find them attractive thats ridiculous. You like what you like and others need to get over it.