Do short guys feel insecure when they date a woman much taller than them?

A few months ago I went on a date with a guy who was 3 inches shorter than me. I'm 5ft 7 and he's 5ft4. He's about one head shorter than me. I kinda felt that my height made him feel insecure, plus he told me he was bullied in school because of his height and still has people making fun of him. Would you height make him feel insecure and uncomfortable?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 6'7 and i have all short male friends. I hear a lot about how they feel awkward if a girl is taller then them. I've also had a few girls tell me if a guy is shorter then them they won't date them, which sounds a bit stupid but i can see the reasons behind it. Personally most girls that are like 5'4 or shorter i feel insecure around if it was dating. Just for the fact that's a lot of height i have to work around and just makes things awkward, so if it's just a few inches im sure he'll get over.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they usually do.

What Guys Said 9

• No I don't think that it would make me insecure. I have always been the short guy with all of my freinds. Yet this year I'm the tall guy to my new freinds. I'm still getting used to it. The worst part is probably getting to just look down on all of my female freind's heads when they are close to me. I can see if you were 6 inches taller it might make him fairly insecure but not only 3 inches.

• Many short guys I know are extremely insecure about their height. As a guy at 6ft, I can't understand so much but I can see it in my friends face and the way he overcompensates as he's 5ft2. He gets friendzoned so much and the result is that he's desperate and insecure.

• Yeah.. Probably

• A lot of short guys are insecure about their height because society tells them they're undesirable, and most women have a preference for taller guys.

Initially, it's assumed that a taller girl might not be open to dating a guy shorter than her. Which might make him less likely to ask her out.

If I see a guy with a taller girl I've got nothing but respect for that dude.

• So his head is 3 inches long? Ummmmm errrrrrrrrr

• Personally, I wouldn't mind dating a taller girl, I actually look for taller girls, so it depends on the guy. It is possible that he feels insecure as he might not be that confident because of his height, but I would bet he is not uncomfortable.

• Not at all. I'm 5'2'' and I wouldn't mind dating a girl that is 6', let alone 5'7'', but I do know guys around my height that do feel weird about it. I do find, however, that most of the times its the girls that have issues with it...

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• most short guys I've known have had a lot of insecurity issues over their height and tend to be assholes over it