How do I act less shy around girls?

I mean I'm a decent looking guy. I have a really athletic muscular body. But all of this means nothing if I can't spit game. I understand girls are just as nervous to talk to guys as guys are to talk to girls. I just don't know what to say sometimes and I hate rejection. Ok here's an example. There were a couple of girls in a pool so I walked over and kicked it in the hot tub. They got out of the pool and left so I got into the pool. Then they went directly to the hot tub and I just couldn't get myself to go in 😔. How do I get over this? I really need to start talking to girls because I've been pretty lonely lately and it's kind've depressing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say get a wingman. Until you learn to overcome your shyness, you'll probably need some help from friends in order to be able to initiate conversation with woman. He'll help you in the sense that he'll be able to open up that door of conversation for you. In order to overcome shyness on your own time, try practicing speaking to various people. They don't have to be attractive or even a girl, simply just try and initiate some form of conversation. Once you've become comfortable with this you can begin to take it one step further and even maybe ask out a girl. But remeber, if you're not comfortable, people will sense it and they will will the same way, so don't try to immediately push yourself into extreme social situations. Hope this helped!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well first you need to have presence and not avoid them. So if they were in the pool then you shouldve joined them. Just say hi as a start and go from there. If they avoid you then theyre not worth your time and you just move on to the next girl. But sometimes they will avoid you just bc you are a stranger and you need to have a warm and friendly approachable attitude. That way they will feel more comfortable especially when a hot muscular dude is making them all blushed and nervous lol.

Just try and have more confidence and you dont have to be the most talkative. Just ask questions and get them talking or just relax and dont have to have a high pace convo or anything. Girls will feel comfortable if you are comfortable and dont put unnecessary pressure on yourself like you have to impress them or anything. Just be you and dont worry too much about they think and just be a cool guy who is confident. We all get nerves but show that you can handle it and be ok with yourself.

What Girls Said 2

• In that example you put, I feel like your nervousness was pretty notorious. So that would be the first step, either don't get that nervous or hide it.
    Then, just go for it! Girls might be intimidating, but we don't bite. And if somebody ever rejects you, don't get discouraged, that person was not worth your time.
    Lastly, be confident. You aknowledge you were a decent looking guy, so your confidence is already there.
    Good luck! : )

• I personally LOVE shy guys. The way you are nervous and stutter is really fucking cute. All you need is 10 seconds of intense courage to begin talking to a girl or anyone, and after that, it gradually becomes easier. It always helps if you have a mutual friend in the group of girls/people you want to talk to!

What Guys Said 3

• Face your fears and go outside of your comfort zone. The fear of rejection hurts more than the actual feeling itself.

• I think you just overthink it man if you're what you say you are then its just a matter of not caring about how you scared you feel. Remember confidence is just not being scared at what others think i presume you have friends who are females think of the girls you're talking to are just like your friends. Its a win win situation even if it doesn't work out the first few times keep talking to random girls like small talk and your fear will be over soon you just got to grind for it.

• Start lifting. srs