Would you choose a partner based on their smell?

Studies have shown if you find that your partner has an incredible smell that you really like that you will have better genetic compatibility with them. And no this doesn't mean spray on more perfume or cologne. Its actually your natural sweaty scent that releases pheromones that will attract your partner. And no please dont start doing this to strangers.

The famous Napoleon once wrote to his lover when he was coming back from war to not shower bc he loved her natural scent.

So do you love your partner's scent and would you choose a partner based on how they smelled?

Personally i have found that a girl who smelled incredible definitely was more attractive to me.

• Yes
  • No
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• Not JUST for their smell, but them having a naturally completely different immunie system than me makes them smell soooo good to me - literally it's nature pushing us towards the best partner...
    So that's not nuts to be attracted to that. =)

Most Helpful Guy

• yes many animals use pheromones to prevent to breed with others who have similar genes to them or their parents. they will be repulsed by the scent. it is natures way of preventing inbreeding. but because many humans use strong soaps and perfumes and also shave their body hair they are not as useful as they used to be. pubic hair and armpit hair contain larger amounts of pheromones they make you smell manly or womanly and it defiinatly is able to atract people.

What Girls Said 9

• obviously, sauvage by dior or ur not worthy. *hair flick*

• Maybe.

There is some evidence that women are attracted to the sweat of men who have a different tissue type to them. It would be interesting, actually.

I chose C, anyway.

• No but it def. is a factor. My boyfriends natural smell is actually something I very much enjoy.

• Obviously there would need to be more

• it s not the main reason I ll chose a partner but it will sure help

• I have a very sensitive nose, so for me smell is important.

• yesss smell is a huge turn on for me

• Just don't smell like BO and you'll be fine

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 5

• Natural smell is a turn on. Not artificial ones.

• People honestly shouldn't smell bad. Maintaining a good hygiene is not hard at all.

• Can you provide a cite to the studies you mentioned?

• it is common knowledge though that pheromones increase sexual atraction, but not from family. it goes more in depth than people think. pheromones can also be used to carry fear through the air (predators smell this) it is used by many animals to signal danger, every animal species has a different pheromones and even every individual animal has different pheromones. the more healthy you are the better you will smell. nowadays you can buy artificial pheromones to put on you like perfume but that does not work, they are not yours.

• There are lots of them and you can just google 'science pheromone attraction' or something of that nature and they should pop up. I think the one i saw was a UK documentary on love.

• nope i dont think so

• Yeah my girl has to smell like fish or ass