Girls, Would you date someone who used to cut themselves?

I'm a former cutter, I cut during the second year of my two year depression, not to relieve pain but I did it because I hated myself, luckily despite the deepness I cut no scars are there. Would you date someone who used to cut?

• Yes
    74% (17)
  • No
    26% (6)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, if they've moved past it. Maybe it was something they did in their pre-teen or teenage years, but they got help, learned healthier ways to cope with pain, self-hate, and hard times, and it's been years since then.

What Girls Said 11

• Most likely, no, I would not date someone who used to cut themselves. I would not date them because I’d think they are not a stable individual with a healthy mind who responds to pain or frustration in a healthy way. I’d feel like they’re more likely to kinda sorta basically dump their emotional issues onto me and expect me to fix them or fulfill the role of a free therapist. The idea of that would be very exhausting and constantly annoying. From what I understand, self-harm can become a coping addiction similar to drinking alcohol which is why many cutters will relapse years later. I’d rather not deal with the anxiety and stress about coming home and worrying about them laying in a pool of blood because they cut too deep.

Too likely to increase stress and relationship troubles. I’d rather not.

• Yes if he'd been to therapy and had fully recovered.

We all deal with emotional pain in different ways. That's yours.

It's not a deal breaker if the guy has fully recovered. I'd admire the guy for being stronger than whatever "tried to hurt" him. His scars, if he had any, are evidence he's one of life's survivers. That would show his strength of character

• Yes. My ex used to cut and that's definitely not the reason we broke up. I used to cut as well, so I'd be a hypocrite to say I wouldn't date a cutter.

• If they don't anymore, then yes.

• Of course I would, but only if they'll date a girl with scars.

• Yes i would

• mayb as long as he was emotionally stable now considering i like stability

• Actively cutting? No.
    Recovering? Maybe.
    Over it? Yes.

• If it was something they did many many years ago then I would. But if he recently stopped, then no

• *.* Yess

• Who gives a shit of they used to? I was that person.