Should I tell him I am pregnant?

with this guy we met only a few month ago and we see each other very rare... He asked me if i am on birth control i said yes... so we didn't use any protection.
But... i dont know how, i got pregnant, probably pills were not effective.
But as i said, we r not close with this guy and see each other rarely... Should i tell him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes you should tell him he has the right to know and it's wrong not to. Things you should be prepared for if he asks for a blood test to be done. Don't be upset if he dose it's natural for a guy who as you said you're not so close with to be cautious.
    Secondly there are options on the table for you one being to obviously have the baby and raise it whether he will be a part of the child's life who knows until you tell him which is important to do for legal reasons because should he find out later that he has a child it would be expected that he would want his right as a father to be upheld so it cold be a custody battle and no one wants that so simply just tell him now to avoid legal issues later and if he wants a blood test done do so. Now he may want to wave his rights and that's fine you have choices there as well, but if he dose have him sign the paperwork waving his rights. Keep in mind you can still raise a child without him if you so choose to but you don't necessarily have to.
    Third thing you do have other choices you can get an abortion I'm not saying that you should or shouldn't simply that it is an option and a choice you can make should you choose to.
    Fourthly you can have the baby and give it up for adoption there are two choices open adoption where the child knows the situation as it grows and you can have contact with the child and closed adoption so no contact with the child and there are options whether at eighteen the child be provided with your information or not.
    As you can see there are options on the table so at least you know them and there is plenty of counseling you can get wth planed parenthood and threw hospitals and doctors so you don't need to be to afraid of the choices you have okay so breath and take a sec to relax.
    Now what ideally would you like to happen in your case go ahead and just say what you want to happen?

Most Helpful Girl

• Let's see.. no birth control is 100% effective. Especially the pill. Perhaps you should research your own birth control more and what can make it less effective again before having sex?

And yes, I didn't even need to read the description to know that answer. It is half his and he has 50% of the say in what happens. Yes you carry it, so yes you get to order him around and demand he feeds your cravings (if you get into a relationship), but abortion/keeping it/naming it/raising it all of that is also up to him as well as you. So yes you tell him and take responsibility for the fact you two got pregnant. There's no such thing as "I don't know how it happened" because you shouldn't be having sex if you believe that.

What Guys Said 11

• yeah because if yu decide to have an abortion the dad has a say so in that. but in any case he should so there want be any mixed emotions later when you begun looking pregnant.

• If he's the dad then yeah I would tell him. I wasn't totally sure by your grammar. Wouldn't you want to know if you were the dad?

• If you are fairly certain he is the father then you are obligated to tell him.

• Sorry for posting on your opinion but the asker blocked me.

Oh, I read it. And if you read the box, it's not 100% effective. Just like condoms. You should have made him wear one or made him pull out. My statement still stands. You're an adult and you should have known better.

• "But... i dont know how, i got pregnant, probably pills were not effective. "

Ha, they gave your placebos!!! lol.

Anyway, tell him. He has a right to know he's got a baby on the way. What he does with that info is up to him.

• what would u do in his place

• never say never

• I get you, but I won't let such things happen.
      I mean I'm married with kids, so it's either I have another with my wife, or look outside. I ain't got time for outside chicks. :D

• Yes you should tell him, he is the father and he needs to know unless you want to raise your child all by your own and want no interference of him.

• Why is this even a question?

Yes because the sperm was his unless you slept with other dudes.

This is why this open sex culture is so messed up.

• No way, keep it a surprise until the day of, it'll be funny!

• i think the father has the right to know if he has made someone pregnant.

• Yeah

• If you plan to keep it, definitely.

• i haven decide yet

• the problem is we r not that emotionally close with him... i dont even know how to tell him

• It's going to be hard, but say you keep it, it's best for the kid to have its dad in its life.

• Telling him is the right thing to do. Just don't do it around any staircases

What Girls Said 8

• Of course you should tell him, it's his child.

• I think he has the right to know. He might decide that he doesn't want to be involved or you may make that decision, but I still think he deserves to know about the situation.

• Of course you should. It's his baby too.

• Absolutely you should

• Tell him.

• if you take borth control pills properly it is 99% effective but many women miss a day or dont take it at the same time everyday and this is when pregnancies happen.

if it were me, i would only tell the father if a) i am going to keep the baby and b) i actually want the father in my life

• Obviously tell him

• Fucking damn it. See? This is why I hate casual sex and people not waiting till at least a year in, to have sex. You have to tell him. It takes two to make a baby after all. Maybe next time you'll keep your legs closed and be a responsible adult.

• i took pills, idiot! open ur fucking eyes and read it again