Why do most people assume that romantic relationships are more important than other kind of love-relationships such as friendship and family?

Why do people just go crazy when they don't have a lover? Why is it so important? And when they find one - why do they spend most of their time with them and forget about everyone else that loves them?

Most Helpful Guy

• because there wanting to find out all they can about who there with, i know when i was that age and i had a relationship it was all about finding out abut the girl her family what she likes hates, favorite songs etc. it was almsot like studying or school with ho i wanted to know all i could about her.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's because our culture puts such a heavy emphasis on having a romantic relationship. If you don't, you're "incomplete" or otherwise faulty because you are single. Just look at movies. A woman is single because she's either ugly and/or fat, and if she's attractive, she'll feel something is missing and have a relationship by the end of the movie. If a guy is single, it's because he's nerdy and/or gay, and if he's attractive, he'll "grow up" and figure out he needs to settle down by the end of the movie. It makes people feel like, if they can't find or don't want a relationship, they are faulty in some way for not having one, no matter how dysfunctional it is. It's so engrained at this point, but I think it's slowly changing. Obviously, there's nothing wrong with someone who doesn't have a relationship.

What Guys Said 2

• Don't know tbh 😶
    Maybe they aren't compatible with their parents
    Like I don't have good bonding with my parents cause they don't understand me so yeah sometimes I feel a bit lonely :P

• There's nothing wrong with "family" love and "friend" love, but romantic love is definitely something else. Something about finding that special one out there and creating a beautiful connection with them that lasts forever. It's mysterious, elusive, impossible to fully understand. That only makes us want it more. Compared to that, family love and friend love just aren't on the same level.

What Girls Said 1

• Nah not everyone. I think it's just when people fall in love it's something special to them so they overemphasize that a bit since they've already known other types of relationships in the past.
    I've never been in love so this is just my 2 cents lol