I'm starting to give up?

Ok so I'm in high school (not my real age displayed) and I know there is always pressure to get a boyfriend and I hate that pressure so much. I have only seriously talked to three guys over the past three years. The first went back to his ex before we went on a date (looking back now, I know I dodged a bullet because they can't get over each other even when they are broken up) the second was great and we were going to go on a date until he found out that he was moving to a different state. The third ended just recently. I really liked this guy and we were talking every day (but not all day, too clingy) for about three weeks. He asked me to a movie but it had to be cancelled (not surprised over that, we both partake in unique sports that require a lot of time and sudden practices). It has been a couple weeks since and haven't talked much. And two weeks ago he got a girlfriend. It didn't appear he was talking to both of us at the same time and I respect him for that. And they also attend the same school as where he and I live 30 minutes apart and only see eachother 1-2 times a week. I'm happy for him. But I'm starting to give up. I look around and all of my friends have been in relationships except me. All asked to prom (I was asked to formal but he never danced with me and kept trying to get me alone all night so I left early) and I'm starting to give up hope that I will ever be in a relationship or meet someone. I guess it could partially be because my stepdad (who was a second dad to me) left us a year ago for the woman he was having an affair with. I just kinda don't know what to do. I'm starting to feel left out when it comes to relationships (sorry this is so long).

What Guys Said 2

• Well, from the way you described it, the first one it seems was the guy's fault, and the second and third were just bad timing. You and I have some similarities. Actually, I've done even worse than you, one girl in almost eighteen years. Right now, I look around and everyone else seems to be in relationships, and I feel left out. That's just the reality. The reason you (and I) feel left out is because we want a real relationship. What most of young 18-early 20s people have is not a real relationship. That takes time. You have to be patient, but take the opportunity when it comes. And most importantly, believe in love, and never give up.

• Pressure?
    From whom?
    You are still a schoolgirl. Relax!
    It is important to be with the correct person, not someone for the sake of it.

What Girls Said 1

• It's too soon and you have already been on dates. Give it some time and do not compare yourself to your friends.