I easily get turned off?

I dunno, maybe it's because of my crappy experience with guys. I just don't have a patients or energy anymore to explain to "train" them. I can get very fast and easily into a guy and then if he does or says something that puts me off (even if it's a small thing) I get turned off and there's usually no going back. I've been told that I have high standards and that I sometimes over-reacted, but honestly, why is that so bad? When I was younger I would overlook through someone's bad behavior and would constantly make excuses for them, just because I like them. I would tell myself that I'm over-reacting and would blame myself. It got me nowhere, so I just kinda naturally changed, matured. Yes, I have high standards (non physical) and I honestly believe that one day I will meet someone who fits them. But I am aware that communication is the key in every relationship and that people can't read your mind on what you like/dislike, you have to point it out. But sometimes I don't have the energy to even point it out anymore. They sometimes do some immature, stupid things that are so fucking obviously rude that I feel like if I have to tell them then I would feel like a parent teaching his baby how to become a man. It's so much effort sometimes I'm bored/irritated by it. Like for example my crush called me a "bitch" the other day, out of joke. What are we, 15 yo? It was a huge turn off and I didn't even bother telling him. I just ignored it. It's been few days since then and I don't even miss him, I'm not really interested in him anymore. If I tell him that it put me off he will get defensive and call me too sensitive/over-reacting, and I just can't deal with it, I got other stuff to do.

Anyone else feels the same?

Most Helpful Guy

• i think it's fair to have standards. i think it's good to not deal with b. s.

you just have to be careful if you are being overly picky about stuff. is something really so bad or is it just something you need to not dwell on. he jokingly called you a bitch. is that really sooooo bad? i mean it's fine if it is but can't you also just tell him "please don't call me that". the problem is you may miss out on something great because of some small thing that could be easily fixed.

but you gotta live the way that makes you happy. you just don't want to get to a point where you've rejected so many guys that you find yourself sort of regretting some potential great guys you missed out on

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Although, yes, there are things that will immediately turn me off.

There are also key things he can do to get me back "on" again. lol, secrets.

Communication is the key. However, you haven't found that person yet. Otherwise, you would find the time to talk to them about these things.

Best that you moved on from him.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 4

• Okay, for a minute I didn't think there was really a question here.

No, I don't feel the same. To answer the actual question.

• I am the same. Keep you high standards, cause one day someone will fit them and they will be the one.

• Shit. I have the exact same issue. The only thing that differs is this: " I can get very fast and easily into a guy". It's difficult for me to fall for someone, but I easily lose my interest when they do stuff that put me off.

• It sounds like you got used to accepting terrible behavior in a partner and got tired of it. Being sworn at isn't a normal courtship behavior.