My boyfriend says that he'll commit suicide if he loses me?

I love my boyfriend very much. I would do anything for him. Before we were together, he was with another girl. This girl broke his heart completely and he got pretty depressed. He says that after losing her, he can't lose me. He says that if he lost me, he'd probably just kill himself.

He wasn't threatening me, though. We were talking about our relationship, and I said that without him, I wouldn't be as happy as I am now. I asked him what he'd do without me, and he said he'd probably just kill himself. So, to clarify the context of the situation, it wasn't like I told him I wanted to break-up or anything and he started threatening suicide...

Most Helpful Guy

• wow.. talk about toolbags. DId your mother raise you the right way? if someone says they will commit suicide about xyz either means its a cry for help, or a mental illness. So to the haters who stoked the flames of this, why dont you sign up as speed bumps on a highway

Most Helpful Girl

• You should remember that you are not responsible for what your partner does, even suicide.

This is so difficult and complicated and it requires so much strength. But when your partner threatens suicide if you leave, you have to keep telling yourself that you cannot control what he does.

And, you have to learn how to accept that his family feels a certain way towards you, but that shouldn’t affect your behavior or self-concept. That is, even if his family thinks you should stay in relationship, you still need to find the strength to leave your boyfriend.

Wishing you the best of luck.

What Guys Said 7

• let him do it, he is a loser for saying that in the first place. you can do much better then a loser like him.. think about it

• Break up with him. I just wanna know if he's actually do it or flake or like a bitch 😂

• Your boyfriend is a loser. Tell him to seek therapy and ditch him.

• Tell him to knock these thoughts off no matter what.

• I've seen this question before, word for word...

• You should tell someone

• That's kind of crazy...

What Girls Said 5

• DANGER DANGER will robinson!!

• Breakup with him, and call the suicide hotline

• i think he's exaggerating it... once you break up in few years for another reason, he won't even care.
    Source: experience
    my ex said the same thing. it's all bs.

• I think he was being honest with you as much as you were being honest with him.

It is valuable to share the truth with each other. He trusts you enough to tell you this. And it sounds like you guys are already really into each other, so why are you talking about breaking up?

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more