I can't date him and its killing me. Opinions please?

I really really like this guy and I think he likes me back. He's a good friend of mine from my class, pretty much my only friend. We talk for hours on end, have inside jokes that no one else understands. But I can't date him. He's in every single one of my classes, I see him every day and I just couldn't date him and end up the possibility of us breaking up and then it being awkward or end up with me alone again like I was before I met him. I don't know what to do. Please help

Most Helpful Guy

• If you feel that way about him you need to tell him about it. If your always with him I'm sure he has noticed that your acting a bit different around him. Tell him see what he thinks. However I think that you should go for it. If you two don't make it while dating you can always go back to being freinds. Make sure he knows that going back to being freinds is an option.

• I don't know how to tell him though :/ Im a very very awkward, anxious person and I struggle to talk about any vaguely emotional things. Im just not sure how to talk to him about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Have the talk. Believe me I had this problem as well I'm friends with a guy and I like him, the best way to deal with it is have a conversation about it, it is awkward at first but then your just be clear about all you feeling toward one another. But you do need to put across the idea of not wanting to ruin your friendship.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 2

• dont, i was living with this german girl who was hitting on me, and i knew she would go nuts if she saw me with some one else if i gave her the pleasure, so i abstained.

• Just date him. If you guys split, eventually you'll get back to being friends.