Is a guy having been molested a deal breaker to girls?

I'm a college sophomore, and from the ages of 4 to 7 I was frequently molested by a female teacher. It's caused a ton of problems in my life, from depression to PTSD, and while I'm working on solving them it's still very hard.

I have problems being intimate with girls because certain kinds of touch remind me of the abuse and cause flashbacks. This makes life very difficult because I really want to be in a relationship with someone but I'm afraid my abuse will scare people away.

Does anyone have a positive or neutral opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• No it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, I'd be understanding about the whole situation and I'd try not to make you or any other guy dealing with something like this feel uncomfortable.

What Girls Said 1

• No. I was molested by my cousins best friend who lived with them when I was 9 , the guy was 17. Some people are sick. But no as long as your emotionally stable then yess

What Guys Said 4

• Not a deal breaker to the good girls. The worthless ones will walk away.

• Not many will stick that out.

• Just graduate and take the control of your life. Women are not essential for you. Find other ways to enjoy your life. It is the simplest and best way I think.

• Ah that's kinda heart breaking because I really want to have kids and be married one day :/

• Men should be more free. Don't marry or have children. They are traps. Really work and do whatever you want except women. They can't be satisfied and they can't satify you.

• I doubt it is a dealbreaker for anyone unless they are shallow.