Guys! Who would you choose your love vs your parents?

If your parents don't approve of your love, would you break her heart? How long would you be able to stand up against your parents for her, if you chose to do that?

Why guys like parents over their lover... so sad.

Most Helpful Guy

• i would keep away from them while im with her because family is good but nt for everything and letting choosing them over the one you love is a rookie mistake and your not really understanding what a relationship is. or the person your talking about isn't understanding.

• you're like the only guy who responded this way. Every other guy chooses parents. Hmm, why do you think so?

• hmm... i have yet to find that kind of person.

• im sure you will just dont give up , im not the only guy who feels this way im sure.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sweet niblet's! lol that is easy. My love, cause I have enough wisdom and common sense at 24 to decide on whether someone is good or bad for me in the long run. Plus my parent's shouldn't judge anybodies love life until they fix their own. Can I get an AMEN? I mean their opinion will be heard and filed lol, but I have to live with that decision not them.

• You're parent's will always be there through thick and thin... Haven't they always people? Who knows why your parent's don't want you with that person it could be a dumbs reasoning behind it. If you and the person don't work out ok fine, lesson learned moved on. We all make mistakes.. cause we are all human.

• I like your understanding, but it seems... guys have a different opinion. We, as girls, shouldn't become too emotional over them bc they could just as easily walk out of our lives because of their parents... no need to lose our parents bc of them, because they won't care.

• If your parent's are actually parent's... They don't walk out on you period! I wouldn't take what most on this site seriously esp the men☺ I make good choice's and if not I learn from like I said. I refuse to be unhappy with someone I have no feelings for than try with someone I do because a MF doesn't like them.

What Guys Said 9

• Unless it is something like Romeo and Juliet I would go with my parents On this one. If they, as my parents that raised me as a child, didn't like the girl I was with then there are some obvious reasons and they don't think she is the right one.

• wow, why are all guys choosing parents over the girl?
      Girls are way to emotional to give their all for that guy, but guys... they're just like... parents come first.
      I don't understand majority of the answers all like this.
      What if there's no particular reason... what if its just because you guys are not from the same community... what if the parents don't even know the girl well enough to judge?

• http://www.
      girlsaskguys. com/dating/q2011700-i-need-help-what-do-i-do.
      (It doesn't let me, I need to be level 2!!!)

• haha... I think you're 17... that's why you said this, but otherwise... when you grow older. you'd choose parents too.

• if my mom knew i was gay befor she died she would prob want me with a boy she deemed worthy. Fun tip my mom kicked the shit out of my dad and my sisters dad when they stepped over the line she was not a push over so i would be too scared to go against her will.

• I chose my parents all day every day over girlfriends or wives

• id go with love
    I care bout my parent's opinions, but ultimately I'll always do what I want/what I think is best (although what I decide will be based on their advice)

• so you're essentially saying you choose parents.

• Well no, when I say based on their advice, I mean sometimes there advice will change what u think I should do, but 90% of the time what they say doesn't affect my opinion

• I'd choose my parents.

• Parents. I can find another love. But, not another parents.

• Parents, it's funny I see where girls are more likely to choose love and guys are more likely to choose parents.

• I'm noticing that too... I don't understand why. Guys are just more practical and move on.

• My mother is not the type of person that would hold a grudge against my girlfriend, unless she had a good reason to. If she makes me happy, my mom is also happy.

So if my mom didn't like my girlfriend, like I said, she probably has a good reason. I'd investigate, and if my mom did have a reason, then yeah I'd break up with my girlfriend. But if my mom's behavior was unwarranted, I'd choose my girlfriend and probably distance myself from my family for a while.

• I don't get along with my parents, so that isn't even an issue for me. Even if I just met the girl, I would chose her over my parents.

What Girls Said 3

• This is my theory (because I've been in this situation before). I value the opinions of my family and friends BUT their opinions do not and will not define my happiness. If my parents don't like the man I'm with, but he makes me happy and treats me wonderful, then too bad. They do not control my happiness and neither should your parents.

• my love.

• If I were a guy, I'd pick parents. You only have one set of parents, but a girl will come in and out of your life.