Guys keep messaging on Facebook?

I am not trying to be shallow, or conceited. But I am getting annoyed w/ guys that I don't know, trying to message me on Facebook. I used to, respond just to be nice.. but now I am tired of it, because guys won't leave me alone and they try to hit on me. And I might seem shallow, and a brat but this is true. I hate it so much! I am not one that looks for attention I am actually quite shy. And usually these guys are unattractive.

I get messages from guys that I don't know 24/7, and it's gotten ridiculous and I don't know why they are doing this they probably think I'm pretty obviously. But I don't get why they would think, I would just automatically flirt back w/ them even though I don't know them. And these guys are nice, but they are very clingy and I just don't find them attractive. And like I said I used to respond back to be nice. But now it's getting out of hand.

How do I get this to stop?

(p. s. I am not trying to be shallow, or rude I am not like that. But I just really want this to stop, if I wanted a guy I would go after one myself to me this is like harassment because they are all so clingy! And they send several messages at once and some send messages every day. And please don't say that I'm rude, or anything mean please because I'm not trying to be!:) )
0 following

Most Helpful Guy

• What happens if you block them? Is it possible somebody is spreading rumors about you? That you'll sleep with anyone, and desperate guys are trying to cash in on it? I'm not saying you are, I just mean that it might be an explanation for all this unwanted attention.

• If I block them, I won't receive their messages. But they can still keep sending more, I unblocked a guy because I thought he was done and once I unblocked him I got a bunch of messages from him. And I honestly don't know, if that is what is happening.

• Yes.

• Okay so they probably think they can score with you or want to at least try and pester you with messages because it's easy to do on the internet

Most Helpful Girl

• Your profile is private? You can set message settings to friends only I believe. Or only "acquaintances". 80% sure about that.

Rarely on FB myself.

What Guys Said 5

• My first point would be to take action, make your account private for friends family only & unfriend/block anyone you don't want messaging you. Then ask point blank anyone else who gets through to stop, politely but clear & to the point. And report them as harassing to the appropriate admin. But you have to take action.

• Do what I do. Don't respond. They'll get the message

• but if these guys were physically attractive, you would respond back?

• possibly, yes. But I used to respond even though I don't think they are attractive, just to be nice because I didn't want to be rude I hate being rude to people. But now that it has been going on for so long I have gotten annoyed and I just stopped.

• Unfriend all your ugly male friends. You would be doing a service them and yourself.

• You could turn off the PM function to all, except friends.

What Girls Said 1

• Block them as soon as they message you or just ignore them
    I got 16 messages that I do not answer